PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Need help in knowing malls, places to visit in Phuket-Bangkok this December!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

talking Need help in knowing malls, places to visit in Phuket-Bangkok this December!

Hi my friends!!

I will be visiting Thailand this month with my husband! We are going for a week!
    First we are going to spend 6 days in Phuket.. how is it? I've seen pics and it looks amazing!! My friend went there and advised me to visit the Phi Phi Island and she told me to go to FantaSea (I think it is written like this).. does anyone else know any other good place to go? We are going to stay in Layan Beach Resort and Spa.. is it nice? Also, for the New Year's Eve, is there any special place we should go to?

After that, we can only stay in Bangkok for one day.. we had to stay at the a hotel beside or in the airport.. it is called Novotel I believe.. My friend told me visit malls like MBK where I can find Louis Vouitoon bags! and very cheap!! WOHOO!!!
    I've been told also about a market, where I can shop clothes, shoes (at a good low price), but dont remember the name.. can it be the Free Market? I am not sure!

My friends, what I need is information, more information on must-see places, temples that I cant miss, shopping malls.. and by the way, is there a nice WATERPARK? AMUSEMENT PARK? I forgot to ask about that!!!

Gosh!! I am so excited! and cant wait to goo!! and I am mostly happy because I will have Thai food for 7 days!!!!

Awaiting for your replies.!!

Thanks a lot!!

Suzan

Thanks

Re: Need help in knowing malls, places to visit in Phulet-Bangkok this December!

novotel is the old airport hotel.. pretty far from the new survarnabhumi airport. \

MBK, lots of stuffs.. but LV?? i dun remembering seeing any though.. genuine of course.. cheap, might be fake LV..

if i'm not wrong, your friend could be referring to the weekend market at chatuchak, or more known to the locals as JJ market. lots of stuffs to buy, and eat of course! i miss the beef noodles.. but do note, they are only opened on weekends. and they close by the end of the day..

and to cover all of that of bangkok in 1 day.. sightseeing and shopping.. abit the hard, imo..

Thanks

Re: Need help in knowing malls, places to visit in Phulet-Bangkok this December!

We will be in Bagkok on January 4 which is a Thursday! So the market wont be opened? :(:(:(

Thanks

Re: Need help in knowing malls, places to visit in Phuket-Bangkok this December!

Phuket is highly organised, you'll find the tours of the island posted everywhere. one-day trips include: Khao Sok national park, boat trip to the amazing cliffs of the Phang Nga bay, snorkelling on Ko Phi Phi, visiting places of interest around Phuket island. googling "phang nga bay" and "khao sok" will take you to nice websites with lots of info.
    if I were you, I wouldn't waste my time shopping in Bangkok if I only had a day, but that's me, and I've never been much of a shopper at all. MBK has lots of stuff characteristic of Thailand, especially on the top floor, great for hunting down last-minute presents. but the other the malls.... I mean they are pretty much the same all over the world, whereas the Temple of Dawn or Wat Pho are unique.

Thanks

Re: Need help in knowing malls, places to visit in Phuket-Bangkok this December!

Actually I dont like shopping that much! But I heard that stuff over there are quite cheap! and good!
    Since we dont have time, the one-day in Bagkok will be only looking-around time and hanging out on the streets! Bying stuff for us and presents .. and also eating yumi Thai food!
    Are there nice restaurants in the mall?

The truth is that for shopping, I am only dying to get a couple of Louis Vuitton Bags!!
    How much do they cost? average?
    Thanks Betti for your information indeed!

Thanks

Bangkok is huge, and you need to plan very carefully what you want to do - just "walking in the street" will do no good. besides, shopping areas, historical places & temples, and the airport are far away.
    my tentative guess is that those fancy bags are nearly as expensive as anywhere else, and the real cheap ones will be fake. but I don't know exactly, I have no way of knowing.
    as for food.... lots of nice restaurants, but it all depends where you are, doesn't it? you shouldn1t go out of your way just because of a recommended restaurant. nothing in particular that comes to my mind now in MBK.

Thanks

What kind of LV do you need, real or fake?
    For real one you can find at The Emporium/ Sukhumvit 24, Siam Paragon, Kasorn Plaza, Penninsula Plaza and Ammarin Plaza. The price, it's depend on model and size.

For fake? MBK and some shop in Siam Square (down stair of the theater) @ the shop, sometime you have to ask for the model cuz the vendor can not display the bag I hope you know, why

Thanks

Fake! I dont care about being original! who cares!
    Cool !!
    I will be visiting MBK then!

Thanks

f you head to MBK just go to the food court on the top floor, buy some coupons and enjoy all the Thai food you want at a reasonable price. And if you have coupons left over don't forget to change them back to cash!

You can also do a little shopping at the Tokyu Department Store's food store (4th floor) which is part of the MBK complex. That way you can get your essential Thai commodities to take home with you and experiment with (cooking that is), enjoy

Thanks

Most of the expensive stuff that they sell in Thailand is cheap junk, designer cloths that will shrink 10 sizes and then fall apart, so watch it.
    And be sure to eat a lot of food on the streets, that is real authentic Thai, and really cram that good Thai food, so good and good for you..

But you be lucky if you come in and do MBK in one day.

Thread Information