PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Are there many good travel agents in Bangkok?
    Thanks

Are there many good travel agents in Bangkok?

Could you please let me know the name of some good, reliable travel agents in Bangkok? I only know two of them: Chawla Travel and Olavi Tours.

And another related question: Is it safe to pay by credit card on the phone, or should you always go to their offices?

Thanks

Re: Are there many good travel agents in Bangkok?

A friend of mine has his own travel agency business, when i have to buy my own flight tickets i always use him as he more often than not gets me the cheapest tickets. His name is Tim Halliday and his email is salesflyme@gmail.com. He takes credit cards i think but normally i just go to his office.
    Good luck.

(edited after finding the business email address)
    Last edited by nigel; 14-12-06 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks

I used this company 2 times (Holidays tour/ 02-236 2800), very helpful staff especially Emma, she's very nice, reliable and trustable. Let's try maybe this is a good one for you or you can compare with others is good choice too.

Good luck and enjoy

Thanks

Abacus Travel Service co.,ltd.
    410/6 Ratchadaphisek Road, Samsennok, Huaykwang,
    Bangkok 10320 Thailand.
    Telephone: +66-2541-5465

http://www.goholidaynow.com/

I paid by credit card but there is a surcharge.

Thanks

I have used the BUSINESS INN Travel office (at the Business Inn Hotel.) They are located on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 not far from the Nana Skytrain stop.
    You can see the travel office from Sukhumvit Road if you are near the camera shop on the corner.

I have purchased plane tickets with them several times over the past 7 years. Never had a problem with them. They can print the tickets right in their office. Some travel agencies take your order and then go to another travel agency to get the tickets - you pay extra for that service! Often there is a schedule in the window showing current discounted flights for local and international travel.

The Business Inn Hotel has budget rooms starting around 600 baht. Rooms have A/C, HW, private bath/toilet and TV. Their higher priced rooms with a better view are around 850 baht. Good location, close to the Skytrain, restaurants, street vendors and stores.

ff

Thanks

There are lots of them,

If your after regional and local air tickets ,try Air Asia,you can book on the net ,or call ,or go to most A.I.S phone shops and book,usually a good price ,if you book early .
    Also nok-air.

If you want to talk to a travel agent on the phone or go to some offices ,then take a look in the Bangkok Post ,most days they have a couple of pages in the classifieds section,with numerous agents ad`s.

hope this helps

neil

Thanks

Many of the travel agencies charge surcharges for credit cards (I won't say all of them, but everyone I have ever used, charged surcharge). If you are only making airplane reservations, you can make airline reservations via web for Thai, AsiaAir, Nok Air, Bangkok Air, or you can make reservations by telephone, they all speak English. Airlines do not charge surcharge, in fact, Thai Air was giving a 5% discount for a while to use a charge card and buy e-ticket (paperless). Don't know if that is still a promo, but it was not available on the web, but was available if you called Thai Air direct. Just look in your info book in your room or ask operator/concierge in hotel for number. If you are including hotel, etc, whole vacation, I would go to the travel agency.

Thread Information