PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Digital cameras

Thread: Digital cameras

so happy!

I found your site through a google search when I was looking for information on digital cameras. I noticed you have given advice to other travelers regarding digital cameras. I am planning to buy a 5 megapixel camera before I arrive for Thailand. However, a friend recommended that I check to see if digital cameras might be cheaper in Thailand. I have been unsuccessful in this search. Can you tell me how much digital camera cost and what models and types the stores carry?

Thanks
    You don't mention where you're from so it's hard to say if Thailand is cheaper, but probably not. It's much cheaper to buy in the US or Singapore, even here in the generally expensive UK digital cameras are about 20% cheaper than in Thailand.

Pitak Guest

so happy!

Hey,Mike. You can actually check the prices of computer and digital equipment prices at the following website.
    http://www.byxtreme.com/ComPrice.html

Click on the checkboxes of the categories you're interested in and then click on the "list" button.

The prices are based in Pantip Plaza (The main IT Mall in BKK). You might not get the same prices elsewhere outside the mall (should be more expensive). I'm not sure whether the 7% VAT is included in the pricelist, however if it happens to be included, you can actually reclaim the 7% VAT at the airport before leaving the country.

Thanks
    my pop wanted me to buy him a Video Camcorder from Thailand...lol...or i give him some $$ to buy it from Thailand since he was going to visit this fall. It's a 'gift' i'm going to give him.
    How much are cameras in Thailand...just any brand...

Thanks
    Hey JoniL Raptor, you got me a little confused here...
    At the beginning you said your dad wants a camcorder, but at the end you are asking camera prices...

Thread Information