Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Thanks

Re: How do I start learning Thai?

agree wth u

Thanks

I'm biased, because it's my website, but I do use http://lingopolo.com/ most days to drill my Thai vocabulary.

Thanks

Hi..can someone teach me a thai language please? I have wechat and whatsapp or skype. Please... i swear to God I'm not a perv or some some kind.

Thanks

Grew up practically in US for all my life so I have a hard time speaking Thai too although my dad speaks Thai and I can understand what he says but I can't fluently speak it. You could say I'm a Thai who couldn't speak Thai.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trut1974 For This Useful Post:

emu (30-08-17), Marie (30-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trut1974 View Post
    Grew up practically in US for all my life so I have a hard time speaking Thai too although my dad speaks Thai and I can understand what he says but I can't fluently speak it. You could say I'm a Thai who couldn't speak Thai.
    Welcome to this forum! Understanding the language is already a big advantage. Now that you're already based in Thailand (as I gathered from your other post) I am sure you will gradually improve your speaking ability. Don't worry about not being fluent like a native speaker. What's important is you will learn to express yourself to be able to relate with other Thais. That will be appreciated. Sometimes a funny foreign accent can even sound charming! :-)

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

emu (02-09-17), Khun Don (30-08-17), Trut1974 (20-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Welcome to this forum! Understanding the language is already a big advantage. Now that you're already based in Thailand (as I gathered from your other post) I am sure you will gradually improve your speaking ability. Don't worry about not being fluent like a native speaker. What's important is you will learn to express yourself to be able to relate with other Thais. That will be appreciated. Sometimes a funny foreign accent can even sound charming! :-)
    Thanks for the welcome!!! Yes, hopefully I would become fluent as time goes by. Great to meet people like you here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trut1974 For This Useful Post:

Marie (20-09-17)

Thread Information