PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Farangs getting married in thailand
    Thanks
    Hi all,

One farang couple has asked me if they can get married in Thailand, while traveling there.
    Unfortunately I couldn't supply an answer...

So if they do, who should they trun to?
    where can it be done? what should they bring along with them? how much should it cost?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    it\'s my party and I\'ll cry if I want to.

Thanks

Gor Gai

Dear Talu,

It is so nice to see you on the boards again na.

Since you didn't mention what nationality the farang couple was, it is kind of difficult to give a specific answer to your question. For now, I found guidelines to US citizens who wish to marry in Thailand, to a Thai person.

I will post more if I can find more.

Have a nice day na!

Thanks
    Oh, never mind that, na! I just found a more general description about Thai-farang marriage registration in Thailand. However, I was unable to determine when the page was updated, so... caveat emptor

EDIT: I also found another one like that, this one being perhaps a little bit more extensive.

Hope this helps na...

Thanks
    Dear Seeker!

Thank you soooo much.
    About that couple... none of them is Thai. They are both farangs. They just want to get married in Thailand...
    they already know the procedure in their country, once they got married abroad. they just want to know if and how to do that in Thailand.

Are your links relevant for that too?

Thanks

Gor Gai

Wow Talu, that was fast!

I see, so they just want to get married in Thailand? Haha, I misunderstood your question up there... even though it was worded correctly. I just messed up, hehe

Anyway, the third link covers farang-farang marriages in Thailand, so I wasn't that far off the mark...

Thanks
    Well, Seeker,
    Sincerely from my heart, and on behalf of
    a 'soon to be married' farang couple,
    we kopkun very much!

Ferret Guest
    What sort of wedding are they talking about? I married a Thai Lady last year in Bangkok in a civil ceremony and it worked out to be fairly simple in the end and I guess it would be as easy for Farangs to get married.
    You do this at an Amphur Office and you need some papers that have to be translated and you can get these from your Embassy.
    Without being to long winded we ended up going to a translation service to get this done and the company we used offered to do all the organising for us, took us to the office everything and back again, job done that day and we were expecting a 3 day wait this service is not free but I feel it was worth it.
    We married again the follwing week in Khonkaen in a Traditional Ceremony using a wedding oranising service and they look after everything, Photos, Catering Suites and dresses, everything.
    If you want the name of the service we used in Bangkok email me.

Thread Information