Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Gor Gai Re: Thai Temple ("Yantra") Tattoo - Question

Quote Originally Posted by Horitexan View Post
    Sawadee Krup!

I've been asked to do a Thai Temple Tattoo on someone- I'm a professional tattoo artist- and I'm having trouble with the writing inside. The design (see image below) that I was given by the client is not clear enough for me discern the shape of the Thai characters. The red letters & numbers ARE NOT part of the Yantra- I added them to make it easier for people to refer to a particular character, when discussing the Yantra or sending me examples of how each is written properly.

If someone could help me out by emailing me (Horitexan@gmail.com) each of the characters (or any ones that you do know) written out (clearly) by hand or sending me a clear picture of this same Yantra OR refering me to a website showing the characters more clearly, I would SURE appreciate it! As someone that has traveled extensvely in Thailand and LOVES the country its people and especially its spirituality, I want to do this tattoo properly; and give it the respect that it deserves. Any other information you might be able to share with me about this specific yantra and its meaning, use, history, significance, etc. would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you SO much for your help with this! .

Khawp khun makh,

Nick Anderson
    Austin, TX

Here's an image scan of the Yantra:

If you visit my blog/website i posted an answer to this design question for you on the yantpedia Thai temple Tattoo Forums
    The version you have here is interesting for the use of more than one mantra to fill the squares.....go to my blog and read on, i preferred to post it there so others interested in the topic can read it too, as my blog is exclusively about Sak Yant Thai temple Tattoos.
    There is also some stuff about Ajarn Noo Ganpai who tattooed a Yant on Angelina Jolie twice and whom i have also visited to recieve his magic spells (They seem to work!)
    Normally Though, i go to my Master Hlwong Pi Pant, who is the first apprentice of the Late Reverend Hlwong Por Phern Titakunoe, of Wat bang Pra temple in Nakorn Pathom.Hlwong Pi isnt there anymore, he has moved to a small temple in Chaiyo minicipality in Singhburi province.
    I also learned about Yant Grao paetch (Diamond Armour Yant), in Wat Bang Nom Kho Temple in Ayuttaya - this temple doesnt make sak yant tattoos, but does have a legend of the Magical Diamond Armour Yant discovered by HP Parn.
    Tattoos in the Western World may be attractive, but have nio magical meaning, or protective power.
    Hope you find the info you need on my blog....if you have questions, you can ask on the forums specifically dealing with the 108 Yant

Thanks

Re: Thai Temple ("Yantra") Tattoo - Question

108 yant'' its a book google search.

Thanks

Hi frens...i just want to ask more details about this tattoo, is it this tattoo for good use?bcs i really dont knw the meaning and my self and my frens was didt this tattoo in thailand but its not working and we feel like getting down.can u pls let me knw wat is the problem?tq.

Thanks

Too many put their faith in the "magic" of Buddhism.

Buddhism isn't about magic; Buddhism is about understanding life and taking responsibility for yourself.

You need to change inside, not scar your body.

Thread Information