PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Do thai people get tatoos?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Farungdong Guest

question

I've been thinking about getting a tatoo but during my last trip to Thailand my aunt told me that they are looked down upon. I know some of my Thai friends have them (albeit in places easily covered) and I know a lot of farung have them. But my family said getting a professional job in Thailand would be difficult if I had a tatoo. Is this true?

Thanks
    Farungdong, am just curious, where are you from?
    If you can't change things the way they are, Change your attitude.

Farungdong Guest

talking

I'm currently living in Florida (USA), but grew up around New York, and was born in Bangkok. I've been all over the place!

Thanks
    Are you gonna work in Bangkok? Or just a holiday trip?

Are you a Thai or just half Thai?

Thanks for answering my curiosity.

Sorry, got no idea about tattooes in Thailand. I will ask my Thai friend, if he can reply fast, I'll post it here.

Cheers!

Farungdong Guest

so happy!

I'm moving to Thailand for the immediate future. I've lived in the US all my life and half my family is in Thailand. (I'm half-Thai). So I wanted to experience living and working there before I got too old!

Thanks
    That is so nice to hear. Actually, I've loved to work in Bangkok, but I got no opportunities at all. I am a Filipino and I dont know how foreigners work or do they get the chance to have a job in Thailand. Goodluck to you man! How old are you by the way? Hope to see you in Thailand in case I got the chance to visit your country again.

Farungdong Guest
    Yee sip jet. As far as work is concerned, I plan to teach english part-time and do consulting work in the computer industry. If you ever make it back to Thailand we should definitely hang out!

Thanks
    27? Did I understand it right? Am just starting to learn the thai language.

Anyway, thanks for that. But for sure, I will just be staying in Bangkok. No chance to go southern part - I've been to Bangkok twice, both are weekends only so as not to consume more vacation leaves.

I am also in the field of Information Technology - I work as a Systems Engineer here in Singapore.

Speaking of teaching english - you can search for this - TEFL - Teaching English as a Foreign Language - sounds interesting!

Thanks
    If they can see the tatoo then it probably won't help you get an office job. However, it is part of Thai culture for men to have tatoos to protect themsleves like an amulet. But, that might not be so true in modern day Bangkok. I probably won't get one although my father has one.
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

mel Guest
    I met many Thai men & women with tattoos when I was last there and many young thai's who also wanted to get tattoos. There were also a lot of thai boys who had home made tattoos which were not too pretty to look at. I myself had a tattoo done in Ao Nang by Nut Tattooist, it is of excellent quality. The shop was very clean and they supplied new needles. I had my name tattooed in thai script and it is my favourite tattoo. I think they are really cool especially if they are discreet. There are many places you can have a tattoo and no-one will know you have one unless you decide to tell them... go for it.....

Thread Information