PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Question about manners

happy

My name is Kara. I live in Arkansas,U.S.A. Your website is awesome. It is so helpful. I can tell that you work very hard on it. I have a question for you if you have time. My husband and I are going to Pattaya in January. We heard that it is rude to point your foot at someone, like when you cross your legs. My husband thought that it was rude if you even showed the bottom of your shoe. Will you please tell us about that and anything else we should not do while in Thailand. We do not want to offend anyone.

TheVasH Guest
    It is true as far as I found on my first trip in October '02. Don't point at anything with your feet or touch someone with your feet. As well don't touch a Thai man or women on the head, big no no. I found that a smile and slight bow of the head along with a polite "sorry" will clear up most prblems. The thai people were wonderfull and very tolerant. You will have a greeat trip. Cheers, VasH

Thread Information