PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
"respects" to the dearly departed
    babygirl Guest
    Sawadee Kha

When I was younger [when my Dad [Thai] was still alive] we would light incense for his mother & father who have passed away.

I don't remember how many incense sticks we lit but I do remember bringing the incense close to our foreheads before we placed it in front of my grandparents' pictures. And we burned something which I can't remember, if I am not mistaken it's very similar to what's called as Chinese Paper money].

Does anyone have any information regarding giving "respects" to our dear departed ones & what the ritual entails.

I'd really appreciate this!

Khob khun kha :-)

babygirl

Thanks

so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I don't remember how many incense sticks we lit but I do remember bringing the incense close to our foreheads before we placed it in front of my grandparents' pictures.
    When you bring those incense sticks close to your forehead, you're expected to somewhat talk to them like wish them good luck and see how they're doing. It's similar to that.

it means that you ought to understand that someday in the end people will die

and we ought to do our best in this life

Thread Information