Thread: er-ee

Thanks

er-ee

I looked up the meaning to and this is what I found.

1. eeuyR [a sound expressing affection or politeness, used after a vocative by a man or woman]

However, this does not really help me. This words is used in the thai alphabet song. gor er-ee gor gai. I am just trying to figure out what it means. The first verse of the thai alphabet song directly translates into "A chicken", therefore, I am not seeing what the word er-ee is bringing to the sentence. It would mean "A chicken" even if you removed the word er-ee. I welcome any input on this word.

Thanks

Re: er-ee

Quote Originally Posted by rawvegan
    I looked up the meaning to and this is what I found.

1. eeuyR [a sound expressing affection or politeness, used after a vocative by a man or woman]

However, this does not really help me. This words is used in the thai alphabet song. gor er-ee gor gai. I am just trying to figure out what it means. The first verse of the thai alphabet song directly translates into "A chicken", therefore, I am not seeing what the word er-ee is bringing to the sentence. It would mean "A chicken" even if you removed the word er-ee. I welcome any input on this word.
    hey again,

you could think of it like 'chicken, oh little chicken". what does oh mean?

once you see and hear it enough, it just starts to sound right, which is probably just as useful as analysing it.

all the best.

Thanks

Re: er-ee

Or if you put it to use like ١, which means something like "my dear son/daughter"

Thread Information