PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Metal thai amulet with a man riding a horse
    A friend of mine just gave a present...it is a thai amulet, a metal one (a little metal medallion). A horseriding man is shown on it. The horse is placed on a pedestal. Can someone tell me waht this little amulet means? Thank you very much for your help.

happy

It is probably King Rama V. There are often statues of him on a horse. He is a very revered king who people believe give good luck. You can see his picture everywhere in Thailand in shops and homes. Nearly every city centre will have his statue.

thumbs up

Jumping Jack, thank you very much for your quick answer. Best regards from Spain.

Thanks
    Read following web sit efor more info about King RAMA V

Rama V
    Support our friends at PAKNAM and save money, buy your books and click on: http://www.buythaibooks.com

thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ualan @ Dec. 06 2002,19:45)]Read following web sit efor more info about King RAMA V

Rama V
    Thank you very much for the additional information. It is quite interesting to know more about the person who is represented in the amulett which my friend gave to me as a present from his trip to your country.

Thank you very much.

Best regards from Spain.

Thanks

Re: Metal thai amulet with a man riding a horse

Does anybody have the kata for this amulet

Thread Information