PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Recipe for Moo Yang?
    Thanks

Recipe for Moo Yang?

Hi,

Anyone has a recipe for Moo yang?

Fell in love with it while holidaying in Phuket. The pork was so tender and the sauce that accompanied it rocks!

Thank God for pork.

Thanks

Re: Recipe for Moo Yang?

Recipe for Moo Yang

8" bamboo skewers
    300 grams lean pork tenderloin, use one whole loin, cut into 1/4-inch thick
    1 medium garlic cloves
    2-3 pakchee's roots
    1 tsp pepper
    4 Tbsp soy sauce
    2 Tbsp brown sugar
    1/3 cup water
    1/2 cup vegetable oil

In a mortar (hopefully you have one of this), gently crush up pakchee's roots, garlic cloves and pepper in the mortar. Pound these up until all mixture are slightly crushed.

Heat oil in the pan, then place all above crushed ingredients, soy sauce, brown sugar and oil, stir together until simmers and blend well, reserving. When it cold, add pork to mixture with marinade, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for overnight (waiting until the marinade absorbed well with the pork).

Remove plastic wrap and insert 8" bamboo skewer into the pork, loosely folding them in half and piercing through the folded meat to form a loose gather, place pork on grill.

Grill outdoors over indirect medium charcoal, basting with marinade and turning frequently for about 1 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
    Remove meat to a platter, serve with sticky rice.

PS. This is my recipe, and I'm not use seasoning powder.But you can add 2-3 tsp seasoning powder if you need.
    - Too much oil will made too soft Moo Yang's meat ( If you don't mind fat).
    Last edited by Anatta; 10-03-07 at 02:03 PM.
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

I have just been reviewing again on your posting here. And you need the recipe for the kind of Mu Yang Phuket which eat with sauce . So sorry ! I posted wrong recipe.

I don't know the recipe of Mu Yang Phuket. But for the kind of normal Mu Yang, you can applied this recipe by cut the pork into 1/4-inch thick instead, and place the pork on grill by without bamboo skewers.

Serve the pork sliced thinly with the rice.
    Last edited by Anatta; 11-03-07 at 10:21 AM.
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

What about Muu waan? Thats my favourite!! Its thin strips of pork soaked in some kind of yummy sweet sauce. When dry, it goes a nice red colour. I can't get enough of it!! (But I have a sweet tooth).
    Ӽ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nam phyyng
    What about Muu waan? Thats my favourite!! Its thin strips of pork soaked in some kind of yummy sweet sauce. When dry, it goes a nice red colour. I can't get enough of it!! (But I have a sweet tooth).
    I think the kind of food which you're mentioned to is "Mu Dang". In actually I make Mu Dang by using "ᴧ" (Pong Mu Dang)"Roast red pork seasoning mix ". We could make it with more easy by mixture the pork with Mu Dang Powder and a few water, refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before place the pork to roast in an oven at 200 degrees celsius for 20 minutes or grill.

Serve the pork sliced thinly with the rice and vegetables with the cinnamon sauce as following below.

PS. By using Mu Dang Powder, we could add 2 Tbsp honey, more pepper, crushed garlic cloves and soy sauce for more good taste as we need.

Serve With
    Cucumber
    Spring Onions
    Coriander Leaves
    Boiled Eggs
    Thai sweet sausage
    Thick Cinnamon Peanut Sauce

Thick Cinnamon Sauce

Ingredients
    1/2 cup Water
    2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
    1 Teaspoon Salt
    1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
    1 Tablespoon Sugar
    1 Tablespoon Peanuts
    1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch /Or Corn Starch if you can't find Cassava.

1. Boil the water in a sauce pan, add the light soy sauce, salt, cinnamon, and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
    2. Mix the cassava starch with 3 tablespoons of cold water add to the sauce pan and mix. Simmer for another minute.
    3. Pound the peanuts in a Thai mortar (or chop them to make them smaller) and add to the sauce.

PS. For Thick Cinnamon Sauce, you can add 1 Tablespoon white sesame if you prefer to eat it.
    Last edited by Anatta; 13-03-07 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks

Thanks Anatta,
    I will get my friend to make it (I can't cook!) and see how it turns out.
    Ӽ

Thanks

Thanks Anatta for the recipe!

The english name from the menu was "Grilled pork neck". Not sure whether is the same.

Is pakchee the same as cilantro or coriander?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Verve76
    Thanks Anatta for the recipe!

The english name from the menu was "Grilled pork neck". Not sure whether is the same.

Is pakchee the same as cilantro or coriander?
    "Grilled pork neck" is "Kor Mu Yang" in Thai, and pakchee is coriander ka.

Thanks

Anatta, your recipes sound so easy and delicious to make. Is there a cookbook you use or are these family recipies?

Thread Information