PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Getting married in thailand - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Falcoe- My advice to you is to wait. Unless one of you is terminally ill, there is no hurry. If your love is strong, you will still be able to do what you want when you're both older. If your love is not that strong, that will be good for you to know too
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Falcoe may i know how old are u? i am 19.. why most guys met thai girl will wan to think of marrying and going further in their relationship funny huh .. i am oso one of them i love my gf alot despite her job her everything

delawang Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FilThai @ June 09 2003,15:24)]Delawang, i was surprise that you can speak Filipino! or maybe i dont know that you are a Filipino? are you?
    Hindi pinoy ko, FilThai, pero ippanganak ko sa Clark Air Force Base (I'm not Filipino but I was born at Clark AFB). Studying the Thai language has almost completely wiped out my Tagalog. My big sister is still pretty fluent, but I can’t understand much anymore.

There is a whole vacation/wedding industry. The hotels I referenced earlier have packages specifically for people getting married. I have no idea how the legal part works, but I know when I use my hotel points and stay in a Marriott or Hilton in Thailand or Hawaii it seems like there is a wedding a day. I think some people like to go to vacation spots to get married then come back every back every year on their anniversary.

Regarding ownership of land, with condo’s the association actually owns the land and the individual condo owner has something like a long term lease. Many farang in Thailand “own” condos, so no problem for Paul. I also heard, but have not tried to confirm, that the law about Thai women not being able to own land if they marry a non-Thai has been changed. I do not know for fact, just local chismis (ohhh- more Tagalog&#33. Maybe someone can confirm.

Falcoe Guest
    Vision, I agree with you. But I wish to set up my family soon. I wanted to have my own children, though I still can wait for few more years. But being far apart, I keep worrying about her well-being, causing me unable to fully concentrate to work and whatsoever. I feel I'm in a difficult position as well. I've find out everything for her to come to me, but still she can come out with some valid reasons or excuses. I really dun understand. Is she really facing some difficulties or she fears for the culture change?

Thanks

with love

Falcoe- Most Thai girls are very close to their families. They are not very anxious to leave Thailand to live in another country. She will probably go if she needs the money and you represent an opportunity for a better life. Just be aware that she will still be very sad to be so far from her family and you will have to be a comfort to her. You will also have a lot of phone bills and transportation costs to contend with.

ya falcoe...my gf now miss her home everyday..she told if possible she wan mi to stay at thailand...my mother told mi if i realli love her...she does allow mi or rather support mi to go there to setup my family...falcoe how old are u???

Falcoe Guest
    Vision, so long as when she is with me, I can jolly well concentrate in my work better and get better opportunity and pay, so that should not be much of a problem. I've already told her the things I planned for her when she comes.

Adrain, I suggest you talk about these relationship thingy after your national service. It will be a period to test your endurance and determination. If you are bringing your gf over, do after your national service. Situation will be much better and you will be more mature, hopefully.

ermm well i do think it this way but.. it depend...see how thing turn out

Falcoe Guest
    Since I am able to give her a comfortable life, what is she still hesitating?

Thanks
    Maybe being so far from her family makes the idea of a comfortable life less than comfortable. Try discussing the issue openly with her in a way that shows that you are sensitive to her feelings. Perhaps you could discuss all the pros and cons and demonstrate how you will make the negative aspects of the situation less negative. Like I told Adrian, I don't know you well and I don't know her. However, in general, I think this is good advice.

Thread Information