PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Getting married in thailand - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Falcoe Guest
    She din even tell me her feelings how am I gonna know? She just find excuses and keep telling me that she is unable to come... sad

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Falcoe @ June 11 2003,21:23)]She din even tell me her feelings how am I gonna know? She just find excuses and keep telling me that she is unable to come... sad
    If she didn't tell you, maybe you need to ask. Her excuses may be her subtle way of telling you she has reservations. In her culture, it is not appropriate for her to be too forward and assertive. Try a direct but tactful (gentle) approach to opening up the discussion. Always try to focus on her needs and her feelings. Leave yourself out of it as much as you can. Try to establish common ground. If your relationship is going to stand the test of time, you are going to have to learn to communicate better with each other.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

ayumanic Guest
    Quote[/b] (delawang @ June 10 2003,08:05)]
    Quote[/b] (FilThai @ June 09 2003,15:24)]Delawang, i was surprise that you can speak Filipino! or maybe i dont know that you are a Filipino? are you?
    Hindi pinoy ko, FilThai, pero ippanganak ko sa Clark Air Force Base (I'm not Filipino but I was born at Clark AFB). Studying the Thai language has almost completely wiped out my Tagalog. My big sister is still pretty fluent, but I canít understand much anymore.
    Wow! delawang... i grew up in Balibago, Angeles City and I'm not working at the former Clark Air Base... thanks for the hotels you referenced in your posts... we're not really thinking about something grand... my fiance and I thought about Thailand because my Filipino family wanted a Catholic wedding in the Philippines (and they want his family in attendance) while his family in Korea wants a Buddhist wedding in Korea with my family in attendance... it's kinda crazy so we thought why not get married in a third country to be "fair"...

ayumanic Guest
    Quote[/b] (Jerome @ June 07 2003,21:57)]This is what you need to do to be legally married inThailand

1. Go to your embassy and fill out a statutory declaration
    2. Take the statutory declaration to a translation agency and have it translated into Thai
    3. Take both versions to your ministry of foriegn affairs. It will take them about three days to verify it.
    4. Present these forms to any Amphur office in Thailand.
    5. You will be issued with a marriage liscence in Thai
    6 Get this translated
    7 Take translated form to your foreign affairs ministry
    8. Take your marriage certificate to your embassy for registration.

That should be it. If I have left anything out, I'm sure someone will correct me.
    thanks! i think that's easy enough... i was just wondering if there's a period of residency required? or do we need to have an address in thailand?

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (ayumanic @ June 12 2003,01:24)]i was just wondering if there's a period of residency required? or do we need to have an address in thailand?
    I don't believe so.
    But I may be wrong.
    Anybody?
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

ayumanic Guest
    Quote[/b] (Jerome @ June 12 2003,08:08)]
    Quote[/b] (ayumanic @ June 12 2003,01:24)]i was just wondering if there's a period of residency required? or do we need to have an address in thailand?
    I don't believe so.
    But I may be wrong.
    Anybody?
    so basically, the thai government allows two foreigners to get married... that's great

Thanks
    Wait!!! I just found something that says that you need to be in Thailand for 3 days before you get married.
    See below

http://www.thaivisa.com/305.0.html

wat?! so troublesome huh

ayumanic Guest
    thanks for your input, guys... i'll be traveling to thailand this tuesday and i'll meet my fiance there... i hope we don't get lost! hopefully, we'll be going home to our countries married

Thanks
    Ayumanic, Please let us know how it went, if you have any hiccups or unexpected surprises. Or even if everything goes smoothly.

Thread Information