PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Nang nak shrine

Thread: Nang nak shrine

happy

I will be visiting Bangkok again from 21 to 24 Nov 2002 and will be staying at Novotel at Siam Square. I intend to worship the shrine of Mae Nak. I gather from your website that it is located at Soi 77 Sukumvit Road. But I also found out from another website that there is another shrine of Mae Nak at Soi 101 Sukumvit Road. Can you tell me which is the actual burial site of Mae Nak and what is the difference between these 2 shrines. Thank you.

Thanks
    It is Soi 77 for sure as I have been there.

http://www.thailandlife.com/nangnak.html
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks
    I agree it's definitely Soi 77, you'd do well to know the directions given on http://www.thailandlife.com/nangnak02.html as there are no signs at all in English as to where it is (or at least there weren't when I was there). Even the Soi 7 road sign was only in Thai.

Thanks
    Hi all i'm also interested to visit the shrine but wats the difference between these two???

http://www.thaiworldview.com/bouddha/maenak.htm

Thanks for replying

Thanks
    I would suggest that web site got it wrong. The following are our notes from when we visited:

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Take the skytrain to the On Nut station. On the east side of Sukhumwit Road, you will find Soi 77. Mahabute temple is about 900 metres down this road on the left. Look out for Soi 7. The temple is alongside a canal at the end of Soi 7.

Thanks
    Sorry but the picture from both website is alot different can anyone pls clarify

Thanks

Thanks
    It is the same, but the idol in the other web site has clothes and a wig. You can see the rack of clothes behind her. You can also see the same black tree in both sites which people use to find lucky numbers.

Thanks
    Thanks alot satwadee for your information...

But by the way can u help me with the location of Wat Pahamawong I have posted in other topics but still can't get any help....

Thread Information