PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
King and i

Thread: King and i

shocked

I am a Thai who is living in Canada. I read two books about Anna in Thailand since I was a child, hardly remember the details but remembered that I went to the Grand Palace and find out that Anna lied about the 'dungens and the torment' since there was no dungens because Bangkok land was under sea level, it is not possible to dig a dungens. Furthermore, the real Anna is ugly and really homely looking with a 'hook' nose like an eagle nose. In addition, she was employed as an English teacher because our King had her promised not going to teach the royal children about religion. Anna was born and raised in India in the army barrack and she never set foot in England, so don't tell me that living in India all her life, she was shocked when when she saw the house that the King provided for her, a big fat lier. In addition, the English governess in England was paid 25 lbs/per annum, our King paid her US$100./month (that's why she was able to travel to England and send her daughter there) otherwise, she will remaining in India for the rest of her life. Her husband died that's why she was unable to live in the British army barrack and it was the British consul in Singapore that suggested the King to hire her. However, overall, just read her story as a 'urban legend', as a matter of fact, her real last name not even 'leonowen' I can't remember what is it now, buy she changed it because it was from one of an aristrocrat person name. But Hollywood make movies and develop in two major directions: the realistic and the formalistic, the purpose is to make money. In order to achieve, they have to make it to attract the viewers, and mostly, Americans in majority are ignorants (they don't know much about other countries) living in Canada for twenty years, I met many of them (99% are moron)they not even know about Canada and we are their neighbour.

I am glad to learn that our Thai youngsters do care and created this web site. Look like globalization do have a positive outcome.

Thanks
    Please do not make bad comments about people from other cultures.
    "Random Witty Comment"

D80 Guest

Gor Gai

Calm down, mate. The King and I is just some light entertainment. Some people may not know Anna wrote the book with the purpose of selling the stories & obviously would want to make it interesting and (in her imagination) exotic.

I wasn't to chuffed myself when I read some of the stuff. God knows, there may be a tiny bit of truth in it that she then elaborate to a significant level for the sheer entertainment of it. You know, the blood and gore and all that. Then again, the whole thing might just be her imagination running riot!

Just take it easy and look at it as some sort of light entertainment. I mean, you can always criticise the credibility of the book (I don't think many people think the whole book represent the true picture of Siam anyway) and you have done so brilliantly. If you are dissing other people's culture at the same time though, you'll just end up killing your own good argument!

rcrowe Guest
    I believe that the adventures of King Kong may have been a less than accurate story about a large ape!

Thanks
    People who want more information about the controversy surrounding the latest Hollywood movie, Anna and the King, then please visit our award-winning web site:

http://www.thaistudents.com/kingandi/index.html

Thanks
    I think you're taking the movie a bit to literally and seriously. It is simply the director/script writer's views that are portrayed in the movie and not a complete adaptation of events. Just my view on the matter, of course.

Pear Guest
    Wow I never knew that. I thought that it was a true story. Oh well. Now I know

Thanks

Notice!

LOL, for my case, i didn't even thought of it as a true story. . Call dear old ugly Anne a Gor6 all you want Petite, but i didn't think it was nice of you to criticize Americans that way though if may be the truth (which i do not know)... Btw I am not an American.
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Thread Information