PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Non-native English teacher
    maradona5 Guest

Non-native English teacher

Hi,
    I speak english fluently and want to find a job any where in thailand BUT, so far I have not found SPOT for non-natives, they all adv. it as NATIVE SPEAKERS ONLY.

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to teach english in thailand for non-natives.

I accept any offers any where in thailand.....

Thanks
    Keep constantly eye on local English language papers, Bangkok Post, Nation, Pattaya Mail, Phuket Gazette, Chiang Mai Mail and their classified sections.
    I taught in Bangkok for almost 8 years (1990-98) and I'm not a native speaker, although I do have a masters degree in education, which helped. From -98 on I've been working for one travel agency and now live in Hua Hin. True, there are not that many openings for non-natives, but it's still possible. Keep on trying and good luck.

mcfc Guest
    Are English teaching jobs the only ones available to "farangs" I'm an engineer and constantly scan the English language press but to no avail!
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    There are many engineers working here, but they are mainly sent here by their companies from their respective countries. The most common jobs available, besides teaching, are in marketing and business otherwise as well as hotel industry. Occasionally, I remember seeing jobs available for engineers. I think many of the companies in Mab Ta Phut (Rayong) area employ lots of engineers. I think Nation's classifiers are more extensive than those of Bangkok Post. Are you reading both of them?

mcfc Guest
    I read the Bangkok Post on the internet, but not The Nation. I'm currently working in Sri Lanka on a large power generation project, but would like something here because my wife(Thai) is due our second baby in March and it would be nice to be in country for when the little one is growing up
    Thanks for your help
    MCFC

Thanks

Thread Information