PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Curious to know
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious to know

Thanks

Curious to know

Hi all,
    I am curious to know if it is tarmada (normal) for guys to buy for girls gold rings. pendants, bracelets? Is it ok only to buy for your girlfriend only or can you also buy for normal friends who are girls. And if a girl buys the guy a gold ring does it mean anything?

thanks

Thanks

Re: Curious to know

Why not?? as long as you have the money I don't see why you shouldn't buy for who ever you want.

Thanks

Hmmm what i mean is it normal to buy gold jewellery for each other even as friends?

Thanks

Well it not normal to buy real gold jewelry just for female friends, better to buy costume jewelry for them, as it is the thought that counts, You don't want to be seen as a free meal ticket, as some Thai's can begin to expect it, and when the money stops they don't want to know you. Better to find out early if they like you as a person and not for your money.
    About your girlfriend, that should be ok to buy a real gold ring, so long as you have been together for a while, and did not meet her last week at walking street Pattaya.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    Well it not normal to buy real gold jewelry just for female friends, better to buy costume jewelry for them, as it is the thought that counts, You don't want to be seen as a free meal ticket, as some Thai's can begin to expect it, and when the money stops they don't want to know you. Better to find out early if they like you as a person and not for your money.
    About your girlfriend, that should be ok to buy a real gold ring, so long as you have been together for a while, and did not meet her last week at walking street Pattaya.

I was surprised when she bought me a gold ring and I returned the favor by buying her a gold ring a necklace. I am not sure of the relationship as when i ask her she will say " do eng" ( see for yourself). She co-owns a beauty salon with her friend and that is how I knew her. It has been 3 months since we have known each other. Usually she will sometimes hold my hand for a short period of time as she doesn't want people to mistaken her. I am by the way asian too. I understand that she has her shyness and coyness and hence I try not to touch her or hold her hand unless she initiates it.

Thanks

If a Thai has the money to buy things, they like to show it. Just as if you have money they expect you to spend it..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by botak View Post
    I was surprised when she bought me a gold ring and I returned the favor by buying her a gold ring a necklace. I am not sure of the relationship as when i ask her she will say " do eng" ( see for yourself). She co-owns a beauty salon with her friend and that is how I knew her. It has been 3 months since we have known each other. Usually she will sometimes hold my hand for a short period of time as she doesn't want people to mistaken her. I am by the way asian too. I understand that she has her shyness and coyness and hence I try not to touch her or hold her hand unless she initiates it.

It seems to me that she finds you special or attractive. If you are the type who is long-fused and can tolerate ambiguity coast along and play it by ear until you corner her. Otherwise, think of a way to end the guessing game promptly. But wait..wait..what do you mean "she does not want people to mistake her "---for what?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marieke View Post
    It seems to me that she finds you special or attractive. If you are the type who is long-fused and can tolerate ambiguity coast along and play it by ear until you corner her. Otherwise, think of a way to end the guessing game promptly. But wait..wait..what do you mean "she does not want people to mistake her "---for what?

Am still thinking of a way to end teh guessing game. And she doesn't want people to mistaken her for a street walker that is why she told me that it is not proper to hold hands in public or show affection openly. I know that it is true but i am just unsure on am i just a friend to her or soemone special

Thanks

Seems like something special at this moment in time, it depends if she has a fickle personality, that keeps changing her mind, some woman thing there in love one minute and not the next minute. I definitely think she is in love with you at this moment in time, so I would strike while the Iron is hot, because you don't want her to change her mind by being to slow.
    I would tell her strait, tell her you don't want to beet around the bush, tell her you like her and you want to make her your girlfriend, if that is what you want.

Thanks

Yeah, don't turnip around the hedge either.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thread Information