PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Illegal drugs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illegal drugs

Thanks
    I've heard of something like a kind of charity organisation that you can go and visit some westerners in prison because they rarely get any visitors at all, and it's nice for them for a change to have someone to chat with sometimes. don't remember the source of the information, I think I heard two people chatting about this at a guesthouse, whether to go or not, something like that. rumours and my vague memories :-) so that could be a chance if you really want to visit....

Thanks
    No I have a proper amount of respect/fear and I do not care to be near one. Though if people are not mature enough to avoid drugs or have not yet out-grown them, they would probably also be impressed by a prison.

Thanks
    In retrospect to what has been written here, here is the what Thai law says:

'Cannabis' here in Thailand is regarded as a 'grade B' narcotic.

Since the Methamphetamine epidemic has struck Thailand and the rest of Asia the laws governing grade B narcotics have been relaxed.

Possession of such a drug for personal use is still however a criminal offense and will get you a fine and a suspended jail sentence (if youre lucky).

Many folks and especially backpackers have asked me over the years to the ins and outs of Thai Law in this regards and i can only say 'If you want to play with the Thai drug law then stay at home'
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thread Information