Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unblock ICT

Thanks

Unblock ICT

For people who live in Thailand and want to visit any websites that are blocked.

##edited##

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Unblock ICT

Due to recent government legislation, it is now illegal to discuss methods of bypassing blocks on websites.

Thanks

^ Sorry, but that's nonsense. The Thai government blocks websites without any regard to the law (as in there isn't a law at the moment which allows them to block websites). If the Bangkok Post can print articles about this, why are you scared to discuss it on the forum?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Because of the new cyber laws (Bangkok Post is print media - we are internet media). Click here for latest discussions.

Thanks

The bill sailed through its third reading on Wednesday by a vote of 119 to 1. It requires royal endorsement before it can be formally enacted into law.
    I don't think it's a "law" yet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Whether it is law yet or not, it is advisable to be cautious. We are not the only website to take this stance - other major forums don't allow discussions of sensitive issues in public forums.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McKinley View Post
    ^ Sorry, but that's nonsense. The Thai government blocks websites without any regard to the law (as in there isn't a law at the moment which allows them to block websites). If the Bangkok Post can print articles about this, why are you scared to discuss it on the forum?
    !) Are you aware that the Bangkok Post (as do other "main" newspapers in S.E. Asian countries) submits newspaper copy to a special government dept. for vetting before going to the presses?

2) Governments have "inherent powers" over and above legislated laws which they use sparingly (some govts. at least). On the same basis (tho' not expressed in explicit terms) George Bush used (or shall I say abused) these powers to attack Iraq which still remains an act of aggression under all established international laws as well as Art. 51 of the United Nations Charter;

3) BTW did you notice that there was a military coup in Thailand which although not obvious to the observer, legally means we are in a state of martial law / military government and during such times almost anything can be done. ICT is the least of the current problems facing Thailand1

4) Under main statutes, the "relevant authority" e.g. a permanent secretary / Head of dept. are often given powers to enact regulations and make orders, known as subsidiary legislation. I believe wide censorship powers are derived from such subsidary legislation.

5) lastly, do not presume to represent the views of all or even most foreigners living in Thailand. Most of us are not insensitive to the local culture and thinking and are sensible enough to know that if we don't like it here..we are always welcome to "go back from where we came".

Nuff' said.

Thanks

My apologies to you..I have been enlightened that you are indeed thai..even though you write like a typical opinionated farang..(shoots off before knowing the facts!!) You were not trying to champion foreigners rights..but thai rights.in which case Senam Luang would be the correct venue not TCB forums..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allansecret View Post
    My apologies to you..I have been enlightened that you are indeed thai..even though you write like a typical opinionated farang..(shoots off before knowing the facts!!) You were not trying to champion foreigners rights..but thai rights.in which case Senam Luang would be the correct venue not TCB forums..
    Hi McKinley,

I agree with you. That's my view. Maybe it's not the same view as other farangs as the above poster pointed out. However, the powers that be have their reasons for what they do. For better or worse, they are currently in charge. If you want to change the rules, you first have to learn how to play by the rules. If you don't play by the rules, you can't play at all. This is how governments and societies work, big and small. I really like your enthusiasm though!
    "Random Witty Comment"

Thanks

I do not agree with shutting down people's right on giving opinions.

Thread Information