PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
What`s COOKING?.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Notice! Re: What`s COOKING?....

Well I certainly do love Thai food, hardly find something that I don't like. But I understand that it is not for everybody tastebud. Especially if you don't take spicy food so often. But Hunsolo I still suggest next time you are in Thailand try more.
    Eating out in Thailand is so fun, so much to choose from (not only Thai but all others as well.) and "cheap". Even in a nice restaurant it is still a lot cheaper than eating out here in Europe. (also in comparison with cost of living.) We come home eat in almost everyday. So that's how I found out that I'm not a bad cook at all. I do modify dishes to suit our situation. When I cook Thai food for normal dinner, I don't cook 4-5 dishes but only one meat dish and one vegetable dish. We also cook dutch, Italian and basic meat-potatoes-vegetable dish regularly. I found the mixture of variety is just right. But I do miss seafood in Thailand a lot.

Thanks

Re: What`s COOKING?....

Sorry to hear your "underdone experiences" in Thailand. I believe you must have been to very wrong places.
    Normally, Thai people don't eat underdone, unless it's seafood. It could be that those restaurants staffs were familiar with food ordered by farangs who like their steak to be rare. Unfortunately, rare could have wrongly been interpreted to underdone for them.

I don't understand why you gave up looking for a better restaurant so easily. Traveling across the continents and end up eating Mac and ff is ..................(no comment).

Thanks

Re: What`s COOKING?....

Actually, IMO it would be interesting to know if there is any Thai dishes that people who usually love Thai food doesn't enjoy as much, we probably need a new tread for that
    Twenty years ago I purchased a bowl of soup that was garnished with a red liquid,it was bitter if memory serves and unpalatable.Have never tried it again.

Talking of Thai places in the west.I have two not too far from me with decent reputations but I am reluctant to eat out too much with Thai.The reason for that is economics.The average portion of meat/seafood in any main dish is supposed to be between 80 - 120 grams.I find that most Thai places serve up half that amount but the prices are compatible with most other establishments.Also my gaeng dishes are verging on authentic thses days so I can knock up a meal for three for about fourteen bucks,garnishes and all.

Thread Information