PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Taking bus from Singapore to Bangkok
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

panic Taking bus from Singapore to Bangkok

To anyone who knows, is it possible to take a bus/coach from Singapore to Bangkok. I know I can take a bus to Hap Chai but is there any buses that go all the way to Bangkok, or Pattaya?

If I take a bus to Hap Chai, is there a way to switch to a Thai bus or train and sit to Bangkok?

Thanks in advance!

Vali Guest
    Kids from KL bussed up to Bangkok, but that was with their school. I do not know if there is any bus you can buy a seat on that will bring ya from Singapore to bangkok.

Thanks
    Yes. There is train station at Hatyai, that will route you to Bangkok. As for buses, i believe seeing coaches plying up north to Bangkok. I cannot remember the exact price for both modes of transport, but it must be pretty affordable as most of them were local commuters.

There is even an airport in Hatyai, which serves the domestic market. From there, you can fly to Phuket, Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There is train station at Hatyai, that will route you to Bangkok.
    Do these trains commute multiple times a day? Do they go to Pattaya as well? This is good news, but I'm still wondering if there are buses that make an uninterrupted journey from Singapore to Bangkok. I reckon it would take about 20 hours.

Thanks
    I do not know about the situation right now, but about 10 years ago I found a bus direct from Bangkok to SIN, passing trough KL. I think it was far more than 20 ours...
    If I had to do it again, I would try it by train these days..

Have a nice trip
    Support our friends at PAKNAM and save money, buy your books and click on: http://www.buythaibooks.com

Thanks
    Do these trains commute multiple times a day? Do they go to Pattaya as well?[QUOTE]
    There are several trains, one of them you can catch already at Butterworth. Some of them come from Sungaikolok and Yala or originate at Hat Yai. A sleeper is recommended as sitting 18 hours is not that comfortable. Sleepers sell for about 700-800 baht one way. You can only go to Bangkok, where the trains terminate. There used to be one connecton from Bangers to Pattaya, but I don't think anybody used it as it was slow and required a long wait at Chachoengsao. Buses from Ekamai make the trip in about 2 hours. I don't think there's a direct bus from Singapore to Bkk, but you might be able to find one to Hat Yai. I'd recommend the trains as they are more comfortable and safer. I'm sure, you can catch a train from the Lion City to KL, then another one to Butterworth. If that involves a lot of travelling time, why not spend one night at Georgtown in Penang. It's also a very interesting place.

Thanks
    Thanks Bamboo! So you recommend I take a train from Singapore to KL, change to another train to Butterworth, then take the train there to Bangkok.

Thanks
    If you want to travel by bus or train, yes, that's what I recommend. I find travelling by trains very relaxing, to the extent that I've taken the trans-Siberian train from Moscow to China three times and from China to Europe once, although that's long time ago. You can walk around, go to the restaurant car and using the toilet is easier than on the buses. Maki0, let us know how your trip went, if you decide to do it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]let us know how your trip went, if you decide to do it.
    I will, I will, just not so soon.

Thanks
    I've done the Penang-Bangkok trip a few times. Depending on the time of year, the trains from Butterworth can get booked up pretty fast. When I tried to do this trip in February, they said they they were booked up for 3 weeks ! It's not always that bad, but I think you'd be lucky to get a same-day or even next-day train.

I think the prices for a sleeper are quite a bit higher than 700-800 baht now, you pay about that going Bangkok - Surat Thani one way. I can't remember exactly how much they are offhand though, sorry . If you can get by bus/train to Hat Yai, then from there are lots of daily 'VIP' buses that go all the way to Bangkok, and it's no problem getting a seat on them. They leave late afternon/early evening and get into Sai Tai (southern bus station in Bangkok) early the next morning. They cost about 800B I think, and are pretty comfortable but not as good as a sleeper train (if you can get a ticket ). Included in the price is (usually) a free meal somewhere and a few snacks/drinks along the way. The buses are faster too, even if some of the driving can be a bit hair-raising at times.

Thread Information