Thanks

Buying from Thai website

Hi guys,

I'm from Singapore and I'm trying to buy some stuffs from this website . mrautopart I've managed to register using online translator but everytime when I try to checkout, I get the following error.
    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'ID='.

/cart/shipping.asp, line 27
    Have tried on both Firefox and Internet Explorer but had the same results. Have emailed them a couple of times but there's no reply.

Does anybody know of this shop or purchased from them before?

Where are they located?

How's the quality of their products?

Do they ship internationally?

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by rcalaimo; 05-07-07 at 09:59 PM. Reason: link to a business site from a new member

Thanks

Re: Buying from Thai website

If they are like all the sites I have tried here in Thailand, They set it up and it looks good and then for the next few years no one pays any attention to it and it goes out of whack and does not work anymore.
    Then if their E mail address even works or is still active they will only answer you when they feel like it, which seems to be seldom.
    I have given up on dealing with most companys in Thailand online, and only do business with one now because I have a personal E mail address for the person that I do business with.
    You will be better off bypassing Thai sites and go to USA, UK, JP, AU. sites.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch View Post
    If they are like all the sites I have tried here in Thailand, They set it up and it looks good and then for the next few years no one pays any attention to it and it goes out of whack and does not work anymore.
    Then if their E mail address even works or is still active they will only answer you when they feel like it, which seems to be seldom.
    I have given up on dealing with most companys in Thailand online, and only do business with one now because I have a personal E mail address for the person that I do business with.
    You will be better off bypassing Thai sites and go to USA, UK, JP, AU. sites.
    I have tried contacting many Thai companies large and small through their "Contact us" The only one that ever responded was Tesco Lotus!

Thanks

Thats because they are not a Thai company and do believe in the future, while a computer to a Thai is something to set on a desk at work and fool around on Instant Messinger chatting with your friends at another desk somewhere else in the city or country.
    Seems that nothing would ever get done in a Thai office without a computer with Yahoo Instant Messinger, some games and a couple of TV sets..

Thanks

Not all Thai web sites are useless. I have had very good service from some of them. I don't know whether it's against some forum rule to post any specific example, so I won't, but I'd be glad to let you know by PM, if you'd like.

DogoDon

Thanks

I get my food supplies from a site, but I email the lady and she handles my orders and send me the new price lists, but for 3 years I tried from time to time on their shopping site and never an peep from them, fine looking site, but had been broken at that time for a couple of years and is still not operating..
    I tried contact with LINCOLN ELECTRIC CO., MILLER ELECTRIC WELDERS CO., DeVILLBIS CO., and half a dozen others and I got them but they refused to have contact or give info about some things I wanted to buy.
    Singapore would answer, give me Thai sites, but here they just will not do any computer stuff or maintain their sites.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,179 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DogoDon View Post
    Not all Thai web sites are useless. I have had very good service from some of them. I don't know whether it's against some forum rule to post any specific example, so I won't, but I'd be glad to let you know by PM, if you'd like.

DogoDon
    I regularly use a florists website in Bangkok [www dot flowers2thailand dot com] who have always provided a good service and reply to emails promptly. And if you order before 2pm Bangkok they can usually deliver the same day (excluding Sundays) anywhere in Thailand.

I also have excellent service from a music store in Bangkok [www dot ethaicd dot com] when ordering VCDs. They say they can deliver to Europe in 10 - 14 days, my latest order was placed last Thursday and received here in Wales this afternoon only 5 days later.

David

Thread Information