PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
The king
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The king

rcrowe Guest

Oopsie...

Why are royalty held in such high esteem in Thailand? I can understand why the king is popular but I dont really understand why people would want his photo hanging in there houses.

Vali Guest
    Why not!?! It is respectful.

Thanks
    I think in most countries (with royalty or not), they hang the portraits of their kings or presidents and their family in homes. Important institutions like schools and public places also do that. Well i guess its a form of respect or perhaps remind the people of their nationality.
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

blushing

It would be very strange for someone in the US to have a picture of President Bush in their home.

Don't idolize people, they're only human.

Thanks
    I beg to differ. 5555 teens and their rooms. What more to say. the movie stars and pop stars are idolized very much.

Also crosses, religious articles, Pics of mom , dad, grandma, grand pa. girl friend, boy friend, wife, husband, etc
    After all we are all human 55555 Pictures that we look up to remind us of who we are and are ideals.

Vali Guest
    Things that you hold dear to your heart are on your walls. For instance in my room there are pictures of my best friends and some framed soccer medals, etc... Whether people/things, I love them very much. It isn't IDOLISING, it's just love

Pear Guest

happy

It would be strange to have presidents bush's picture hanging in our houses because he is (in my opinion doing the wrong thing with going to war)He's insain(no effence to the people who like him).But our king on the other hand he is a good person and highly respected. To show that I guess we hang his pictures in the house.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It would be very strange for someone in the US to have a picture of President Bush in their home.

Don't idolize people, they're only human
    I think idolising is the wrong word to use. I still stick to respect.

Quote[/b] ]Pictures that we look up to remind us of who we are and are ideals
    Apart from pictures, does displaying your country flag in your house sounds 'idolising'? For one, i would be proud to display my national flag at home..
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Thanks
    A bit to much politics on this thread. The King is the head of the country, the leader of his people. People are bound to respect him. To mark respect, we hang pictures on our walls. Much the same for a picture of Jesus Christ for example. He too was once human.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 08 2003,18:51)]It would be very strange for someone in the US to have a picture of President Bush in their home.
    If there was pictures of Thaksin up in every home then your analogy would be more accurate. This isn't the same thing though, as the King isn't a politican like Bush or Thaksin.

Thread Information