PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Camera Phone Question...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Camera Phone Question...

Seeing Richard's mention of camera phones in another thread I am reminded of a question I have regarding the sending of photo's and video clips between phones. That being, is it possible to do so between people on networks in different countries?

Ubonwan and I neither have camera phones at the moment but my mobile is coming to the end of it's lifetime (it was dropped down a toilet some time back which didn't help it!) and I am wondering if we got a couple of camera phones could we send photos/video clips to each other between Wales and Thailand?

I seem to remember reading some time back that it wasn't possible but can think of no techical reason why it shouldn't be? It was some time back and technology is moving forward apace - I remember when I got my first mobile nearly 10 years ago that you could only send SMS messages to people on the same network as you but now you can text anyone in the world.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Camera Phone Question...

I am not sure, but if you are going to buy a camera phone anyway, you can send a picture to me as a test first if you like before Ubonwan buys one.

Thanks

Picture yes. Video clips not sure. Its call MMS.

Thanks

I got my first camera phone 3 months ago. What happens if you send a photo to some one, that does not have a camera phone, not knowing there phone has not got the technology, will it come back to you, telling you that your photo has been rejected.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    I am not sure, but if you are going to buy a camera phone anyway, you can send a picture to me as a test first if you like before Ubonwan buys one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY View Post
    Picture yes. Video clips not sure. Its call MMS.
    Thank you both. It's actually only pictures we are really interested in, video clips were an afterthought.

I will try and see if this phone lasts until my next visit to Thailand as Nokia seems to have taken a backwards step and phones purchased in Europe can no longer display Thai text.

David

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    I got my first camera phone 3 months ago. What happens if you send a photo to some one, that does not have a camera phone, not knowing there phone has not got the technology, will it come back to you, telling you that your photo has been rejected.
    That may vary by your network provider, my brother's girlfriend sent my sister a picture whilst she didn't have a camera phone and what she received was an internet address to view/download the picture.

David

bunny Guest

just rember to look @ the mega pixale thear all the same as far as network

Thanks

A) Toilets and electronics don't mix for a couple of reasons.
    B) I can receive picture messages from Thailand, but I can't send Picture messages outside of the US. Instead the party in Thailand would get a message telling them to visit my providers website to see the image that was sent. The better (or optional) thing is to send the pictures to an email address, but make sure that is available through your cell provider.
    C) Check out whether the camera has a plastic or a glass lens. I'd go for one with glass.
    D) Look around the net for someone who has actually evaluated the camera.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knightrd View Post

B) I can receive picture messages from Thailand, but I can't send Picture messages outside of the US. Instead the party in Thailand would get a message telling them to visit my providers website to see the image that was sent. The better (or optional) thing is to send the pictures to an email address, but make sure that is available through your cell provider.
    Thanks for the input. I guess the only way I am going to get the definitive answer is to try it, but if it doesn't work then I don't need a camera phone as I would have no other use for it. I am a photographer and have a couple of decent cameras for other purposes. Catch 22...

The option of sending them to an email address is a non-starter as my wife doesn't have access to the internet, and if she went to the city to use the interweb she doesn't know how to use computers.

David

bunny Guest

i ahve sent you a pm David_Loves_Ubonwan may be this will help

Thread Information