Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,115 Posts

Re: Thai citizens who wish to visit the U.S.A.

Since she will abandon any job she may have, it is doubtful that she has a strong enough employment base. Does your girlfriend have a financially established family? Does she hold substantial financial assets in Thailand? Has she traveled outside Thailand often? Can her family afford to put her in school in the States?

If not, odds are she will have a hard time getting a visa. They want to see that she has every reason to leave the States and return to Thailand. There are no "girlfriend" visas.

If you think this is "it", you need to start documenting all contact and correspondence with her. Later, if and when the relationship progresses, it will come in handy.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Susana (27-10-15)

Thanks

I was going to buy her a ticket round trip, though she does not have a large savings her family does do well financially.
    Her father owns a farm and her sister earns about 15hr from her own business which is quite a sum for over there.

and if it would help i would vouch that I would pay all expenses during her time in the US.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by graytoni View Post
    and if it would help i would vouch that I would pay all expenses during her time in the US.
    From reading posts in this very thread it would seem that doing so would do more to hinder the process than help it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Useful Post:

Susana (30-10-15)

Thanks

The return ticket would hold no weight. A few hundred bucks is nothing when many illegal immigrants spend thousands to enter the States.

Let us get down to the crux of your situation. How long have you been seeing your girlfriend? Where and under what circumstances did you meet. Where does she live? Where do you live?

If this is the real deal, you guys can work it out from where you both are. I met my wife when she was attending a school in the States. We met through her cousin. We spent about 4 months getting acquainted before she returned to Thailand. We spent the next 4 years in a long distance relationship, with me going to Thailand a couple times each year. Finally, we married.
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

guava (30-10-15), Susana (30-10-15)

Thanks

Hi

the only sure way is to apply for a fiancee visa. You have to do all the paper work first here in USA, can all be done on line then if accepted. She wil lhave to go to US embassy for interview and final papers, can take 3 to 6 months or more .than if approved she wil get 90 day visa, but she must get married with in that 90 days once in USA, then you need to file more paperwork for premanant resident. can apply for citizenship after 3 years. cost will be in low thousands for all proper forms and fees to get citizenship. IMO

Thanks

For a fiancee visa, you will have to document a long term, committed relationship. Like I said in my first reply to you, start documenting all correspondence now, in case that day eventually comes.

And, please tell us more about your situation,

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

guava (30-10-15), xfiles20001999 (08-03-16)

Thread Information