Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Red Bull / Kratingdaeng

There seems to be a lot of people knowing so much about Thailand in here, so I'd like to ask where in Thailand is it possible to buy the foreign version of Red Bull (the carbonated energy version).

I know of great food markets with a lot of import to be Siam Paragon (but they don't have that particular product), Foodland, Villa and Foodmarket in Central ChidLom.

Since I don't go to them so often, does anyone know if it can be obtained there.?

Thanks

Re: Red Bull / Kratingdaeng

Just look for it in the streets where they sell T-Shirts, you can't miss it as they sell it everywhere.

One sure place is at "Patpong Night Market" in Bangkok, near BTS Skytrain Station "Sala Daeng".

Or at MBK Shopping Center, near BTS Skytrain Station "National Stadium".
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

I'm sorry if it didn't come out clear, but I was not talking of the t-shirt but rather the drink in itself.

Thanks

I think that there is no foreign version of Red Bull in thailand.
    It heard red bull has different taste depend on each country.

Thanks

i'm coming in 5 weeks.... i can bring a couple of fizzy red bull cans for ya if you really want it... i'll be staying at the samran place hotel

Thanks

Red Bull can be found at any 7-11 or food market. They come in brown bottles with screw on caps. Its lightly carbonated and sweeter than the aluminum can version we have here in the states. It costs a whole lot less, too, but seems to be a bit less potent and doesn't mix as well with . I think it was about 25 baht at 7-11. Carabao tastes IDENTICAL to Red Bull in Thailand.

The bottles resemble fatter versions of the Lipovitan bottle. Actually, I found a photo of it here:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts

The fizzy Red Bull available in the West is a watered down version of the Thai drink, it had to be diluted to comply with Western regulations.

Quote from BBC News
    It was the brainchild of Austrian businessman, Dieterich Mateschitz, and has made him a multi-millionaire and the richest man in Austria.
    He adapted it from a cheap tonic called Krating Daeng (Thai for Red Bull) that he discovered in the early 1980s in a brown bottle in Bangkok, a favourite tipple among blue-collar workers in the Thai capital, trying to stay awake through the long hours of labour.
    Believing that the drink could become popular in Europe, he approached the Yoovidhya family, which owns TC Pharmaceuticals, the company that manufactures the drink.
    They agreed to sell him the foreign licensing rights in return for a 51% stake in his Austrian Red Bull company. The Thais remain sleeping partners.
    Mateschitz returned home, tinkered with the taste and texture of the tonic, and emerged, in 1984, with a carbonated, watered-down version of the original Thai recipe that satisfied the regulating authorities.
    Badfish said:
    I think it was about 25 baht at 7-11.
    I hope you didnt pay 25 baht because the bottle even has the price - 10 baht!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Badfish said:I hope you didnt pay 25 baht because the bottle even has the price - 10 baht!
    Oops, no I did not. I remember it being 25 of something, and 10 baht at that time equated to 25 cents USD. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guava View Post
    The fizzy Red Bull available in the West is a watered down version of the Thai drink, it had to be diluted to comply with Western regulations.
    Though sale of Red Bull is prohibited in Denmark, Norway, France, Uruguay and Iceland.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts

David is correct, many European countries regard even this watered down version as a health risk!

Anyway I prefer the taste of M150
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information