PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Can someone please help me ! ? !
    Thanks

talking Can someone give me some adivice for living in CM

Hello Thailand and the rest of the world !
    I am from North America age 31 male, I have been to Thailand 3 times already, first two times in BKK and the last time to Chiang Mai ( I enjoyed myself greatly ) I have been spending many many days & nights trying to come up with an idea/plan for me to live in Chiang Mai but seemed to be completely STUMPED ! how to do this, I have been involved with teaching for a short period of time, it was nice and a great experience but rather live another life style business sounds good, I am uncertain what would be profitable, I know how easy it is to live a relaxed lifestyle in Thailand but i ALSO know how easy money can drift away like evaperating water, many people in Thailand seem to do business just for eating and rent etc . . I on the other hand would hope to indulge in a business that I would profit from, not get rich, just to live comfortably with a few extras.
    Is there a profitable way for a farang to earn ! a living ?

I was reading through some other forums, and came across a lot of negative feed back for starting up a business , bad new towards farangs etc .. . ., scams, etc . . . I did enjoy and love most of my time when i was there previously, I am looking for some advice, offers, suggestions etc on how is it possible to EARN a living in Chiang Mai for a farang man. I hear many people with great ideas, but not much success stories, can anyone help me ? :-)

respectfully

Clev
    Last edited by clev; 31-08-07 at 09:07 AM. Reason: more detailed

Thanks

Re: Can someone please help me ! ? !

IMHO it is a big mistake to spend your prime earning years in Thailand, it's tough for farangs with little or no money to make anything much more than a survival income here. There are a few exceptions but believe me they are FEW. I would recommend that you stay where you are and work hard to build up a healthy bank balance and in the mean time you can spend holiday time here in Thailand. If you come here at your age what happens in say 10 or 15 years time if you are still struggling financially? I've seen it many times, guys fall in love with Thailand and are desperate to come here to live and end up getting chewed up and spat out, It is not all a bed of roses here.

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

I am with Somerled 100% in what he says.
    Earn your money where you are and just plan on retiring here when your done!
    It took me 40 years, a long time when you are young and in love with the world and its' daughters! But it can be done, with purpose and plenty of 'Jai Yen'!
    O.K! I confess, I did have the help of a couple of good Thai women along the way.
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks

When I read this thread title, it reminded me of that poor farang sitting on the side walk on sukhumvit soi 3-5 asking for donation to send him home because he'd run out of money!

Wonder if he's still there tonight.

Thanks

Bucky those pricks are there every night, and they are just plane no-hopers.
    Teaching here is definitely a hard act, try Arjarn forum, it's for teachers, they'll fill you in pretty quickly.
    Why not try Australia, they are screaming for teachers, and the airfare from there is cheaper, and the flight shorter.
    You could do your holidays here, perhaps teaching a little to convince your self

Thanks

That "poor" farang street beggar is a parasite, he's usually to be found in the Silom area, he has been at it for years now, his sign always says that he needs 5 or 6 thousand baht to get home, he is a sponger, a lying p***k.

Thanks

Another Farang loser who has no money but is desperate to stay here.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_27_08_50_4.htm

Thanks

There is little or no way to earn money honestly in LOS. There are excetions, and that would be, Professional like a Doctor, teacher etc. A lot of people here living on very little, look around. Good Luck.

skycop51

Thanks

surely you cannot earn thousands of bucks a month in Thailand, but on the other hand you don't need to spend thousands to keep going. lots of young people are happily married and settled in Thailand, working here, teaching, having businesses - but of course you need to know what you are doing, just as anywhere else. living here just takes some commitment and you need to take the plunge. you never get something for doing nothing, do you?

"little or no way to earn money honestly in Thailand"??? keep that crap to yourself.

Thanks

What Betti and the others said.

You need to know what you are doing. And what you arent doing is moving to Thailand for an extended vaccation the rest of your life. For most of us living there wont be as glamorus as when you take your two weeks vaccation you saved for the last ten month.

Of course there are ways of starting your own business down there and get rich. Just like back home... As for the evul farangs just stay clear of the hustlers in the touristareas (they come both as thais and farangs) and you should be fine

Thread Information