PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
bkk to Isaan (sakon) by plane
    Thanks

bkk to Isaan (sakon) by plane

hi all, I'm visiting Sakon Nakhon for the first time, where my fiancee's home town is.

I'm planning on going this month sept. 20th, and I've traveled to Bangkok before. But I'm worried that I don't know how I can take a flight from BKK to Sakon....

My flight reaches BKK at 4pm, and I found that PBAir has flight from BKK to Sakon Nakhon everyday. At the day I arrive in BKK, it has a flight at 7pm.

1) Do you think 3 hr in between flights enough? PBAir flight is also from Suvarnabhumi airport, correct?

2) Can I just purchase a PBAir flight ticket when I reach BKK airport, or should I buy the ticket online beforehand?

3) How would you travel from outside country to Sakon Nakhon, if you were to visit there?

4) Is PBAir the only flight?

thanks for any input!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Re: bkk to Isaan (sakon) by plane

Quote Originally Posted by fjhj View Post
    hi all, I'm visiting Sakon Nakhon for the first time, where my fiancee's home town is.

I'm planning on going this month sept. 20th, and I've traveled to Bangkok before. But I'm worried that I don't know how I can take a flight from BKK to Sakon....

My flight reaches BKK at 4pm, and I found that PBAir has flight from BKK to Sakon Nakhon everyday. At the day I arrive in BKK, it has a flight at 7pm.

1) Do you think 3 hr in between flights enough? PBAir flight is also from Suvarnabhumi airport, correct?

2) Can I just purchase a PBAir flight ticket when I reach BKK airport, or should I buy the ticket online beforehand?

3) How would you travel from outside country to Sakon Nakhon, if you were to visit there?

4) Is PBAir the only flight?

thanks for any input!!
    1. Correct that PBAir operates out of Suvarnabhumi airport. As for 3 hours between flights - how often is your incoming flight delayed? Remember you have to collect your luggage from your international flight and pass through imigration. Then how long before the PBAir flight do you have to check in?
    2. Check their website? With the small planes they operate you may not get a seat on the day...
    3. I would think the obvious answer would be to ask your Fiancee? If I wanted to know something like that the first thing I would do is ask my wife.
    4. As far as I can tell PBAir is the only operator flying in to Sakon Nakhon.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

Re: bkk to Isaan (sakon) by plane

Most likely that it is the only carrier to the small airports, if you wanted to come to Phetchabun, which has a new looking, large airport and one carrier serviced it and only one flight on Friday and one on Sunday, but they even quit that and none now that I know of.
    So consider yourself lucky. But spendy, 500 baht Bus and $50 plane ticket.

Thread Information