Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Lakorn with English subtitle

As some of you already know that there are some fans out here in the U.S who are subbing Thai lakorn with English subtitle. Though it may lack some English grammer, I am still grateful. Here are some list of lakorn that have been sub. There are not hard to find since there is not much.

Oum Rak Chain of Love starring Ken and Ann Tongprasom 2006 (completed)

Leh Pummared starring Pong, Pim Zaza, Onjiran and Nusaba 2004 (incompleted)

Leh Ratree Tricked Women starring Pepper and Ann Alicia 2004 (incompleted)

Leurd Kattiya The Princess starring Tik Pholdee and Aom Piyada 2004 (incompleted) c)

Khun Por Rub Jarng Daddy for Hire starring Num Teppitak and Kob Suvanat Kongying (incompleted)

Hua Jai Chocolate Heart of Chocolate starring Mos Patiparn and Aom Piyada 2005 (completed)

Keaw Tah Pee Eyes of Mine starring Tik Pholdee and Cherry 2006 (completed)

Kling Kaew Klang Jai Orange Jasmine Scent starring Rome and Sririta Jensen 2007 (completed)

Je Dun Chan Rak Ter Je Dun I Love You starring Willy McIntosh and Marsha (incompleted)

Rak Nee Hua Jai Rao Jong This Love Belongs to Our Heart starring Ken and Janie (incomplete)

Rak Ter Took Wun Love You Everyday starring Ken and Aom Piyada (incomplete)

Mafia Tee Rak My Love, Mafia starring Chakrit and Nat Napara (incomplete)

Khing Kor Rar Khar Kor (Khing is ginger and khar is galanga- it is a saying in Thai that means something) starring Oil Thana and Kwan Usamanee (incomplete)

Thai lakorn are very different from American drama. Actors and actresses, referred to in Thai language as dara (stars), are usually cast in the same roles over and over again. An actress who plays the lead female would assume the same role. es a lot of problems for the daras in the leading roles as they age, especially for actresses. Thai audiences seems to like their leads young and beautiful and many past female daras have disappeared from the screen once they reach the age of 30 or so. A few defy this norm, such as Marsha Wattanapanich, and even then, she is gradually disappearing. This problem is not as bad for actors.

Lakorns have very distinctive characteristics. Though some stray from these set rules, most adhere to them, especially ones that are very popular among Thai viewers.

*They are always about achieving a perfect ending in which the leading characters (n'eks and p'eks) would marry their soulmates and live happily ever after.
    *The p'ek and n'ek are established as soon as the lakorn starts. Viewers have no difficulties singling them out of the crowd for they tend to be the most popular soap-opera stars of the moment.
    *The presence of a "bad" female character (n'rais), sometimes more, is a must. This is the person who is totally in love with the p'ek and will do all that is necessary to stop the two would-be lovers from fulfilling their destined ending.
    *In the end, all conflicts in the story must be resolved. Everyone forgives each other. The "bad" guys receive their punishments and the "good" guys receive their rewards.
    *The more melodramatic it is, the better. This is why situations are grossly exaggerated, actions are overly theatrical, and screams and shrieks (usually from the n'rais and bad characters) numerous.

Some of the newer lakorn are different from the past. There are some lakorn that has been reproduce such as Dao Pra Sook (Venus Star) 1993 with Sornram Num Teppitak and Suvanat Kob Kongying and the 2002 version with Brook and Atima Miang.
    Last edited by lakorns; 18-10-07 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks

Re: Lakorn with Engllish subtitle

I love Lakorn!!!

I'm watching อุบัติเหตุหัวใจ right now with Mos (yummy!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pailin View Post
    I love Lakorn!!!

I'm watching อุบัติเหตุหัวใจ right now with Mos (yummy!)
    Are you Thai?

Thanks

Nope.

Thanks

Rak Nee Hua Jai Rao Jong, currently subbed by Wishboniko(Wasashimi) in YT and Veoh, is very nice in terms of beautiful scenery. It practically brings out the best of Thailand --- the sea, the island, the waterfall, the jungle track, the country side etc in a long fugitive journey which blossoms into love.

It could be one of the longest journeys in Thai drama --- taking up about 15 episodes or 75% of the lakorn. Maybe the journey is as long as that in The Legend of Angkor2 , spelled as "angor2" in YT . ( *blink*)

Lakorns, are you that same user in YT --- posted recently in subbed RTTW?

Thanks

This is great-- and even if the English isn't perfect it will definitely help my Thai.
    Where could I buy/download these subtitled Lakorns?

Thanks

You can buy Thai Lakorns here, but most of them if not all don't have Subtitles:

http://www.ethaicd.com/list.php?catid=533
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

Lakorns have very distinctive characteristics. Though some stray from these set rules, most adhere to them, especially ones that are very popular among Thai viewers.

*They are always about achieving a perfect ending in which the leading characters (n'eks and p'eks) would marry their soulmates and live happily ever after.
    *The p'ek and n'ek are established as soon as the lakorn starts. Viewers have no difficulties singling them out of the crowd for they tend to be the most popular soap-opera stars of the moment.
    *The presence of a "bad" female character (n'rais), sometimes more, is a must. This is the person who is totally in love with the p'ek and will do all that is necessary to stop the two would-be lovers from fulfilling their destined ending.
    *In the end, all conflicts in the story must be resolved. Everyone forgives each other. The "bad" guys receive their punishments and the "good" guys receive their rewards.
    *The more melodramatic it is, the better. This is why situations are grossly exaggerated, actions are overly theatrical, and screams and shrieks (usually from the n'rais and bad characters) numerous.

The ability to faint and vomit is also desirable for a part in most ละครน้ำเน่า Lakhon nam nao.

Have you noticed most of them are set in huge mansions lavishly furnished and a garage full of expensive cars. totally the opposite from how 95% of the people watching them live.

Thanks

Re: Lakorn with English subtitle

...and don't forget... they all have especially saccharine theme songs sung by the n'ek and p'eks.

These simple rules are one of the main reasons I watch Lakorn...as a Thai language learner, I can understand them very well and I don't have to worry too much about inuendo or red herrings!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orlandoiam2 View Post
    This is great-- and even if the English isn't perfect it will definitely help my Thai.
    Where could I buy/download these subtitled Lakorns?
    Hi please visit www.dramafall.co.nr

English subs are very good.

Thread Information