PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Elephant rides

Thread: Elephant rides

I am going to thailand for the first time and am wanting to take one of the elephant rides through the forest things...are there good places near bangkok? and can I get there without a car? alteratively I am debating Chang Mai and also seeing the botanical gardens? thoughts etc would be apriciated

Thanks
    Kanchanaburi to the West of Bangkok does day tours which include bamboo rafting, elephant ride through jungle and waterfall. Kanchanburi is the famous location for the movie "Bridge on the River Kwai". You can go there by bus or train. You might want to spend a couple of nights there. Your guesthouse will help you book the tour.

However, if you are going to Chiang Mai, you might as well do it there. Again, your guesthouse or the many tourist agencies around the town will help you book. Very easy to do.

http://www.thailandguidebook.com/pro...chanaburi.html
    http://www.thailandguidebook.com/pro...hiang_mai.html

Thanks
    I have done both in Chaing Mai.
    Almost every agency offers a half-day safari tour, including Elephant camp and Bamboo Rafting.
    Also, if you take a trek by Jeep (highly recommended), you will probably get to ride an elephant too.

The botanical gardens are graet for those who like walking among green and beautiful plants. It's huge and demands a few hours spent. Don't forget to carry some cold water along with you... and an Anti-Mosquito preparation...

Enjoy!
    it\'s my party and I\'ll cry if I want to.

Thread Information