PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Living in the country - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Thanks

Re: Living in the country

Requirements for country living:
    Vehicle; automobile(I wouldn't be caught dead on a motorcycle because I'm afraid I would be.)
    Big heart; Many neighbors will try to help you(themselves), kids will treat your home as their own. Not a bad thing if you like kids.
    Speak Thai; When I try to speak English with my friends, I hear "Mi gla poot" ( I hate that saying)
    Location; Try to stay under 25 Km from a large department store. E.G, Big C, Tesco etc.
    I have lived in the country for the last 16 years, 8 of them with an electric generator, and I would not live elsewhere. I have asthma and sometimes they can hear me try to breathe in the downtown market, but it only happens on rare occasins, not like if I lived in town. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks

Re: Living in the country

I have a question here.

I am sure living in a country side area in Thailand is definitely cheaper than the city.
    How about the houses?

How much would it cost to build a big house in a rural area?

And how about 'repairing' a big house?

My Thai friend says he is going back to his hometown in the Isaan region to 'repair' his house and it will cost him about 220,000 baht.

I wonder if he is joking or not.

Thread Information