Thanks

so happy! Shipping goods from Bangkok

I was wondering if anyone could help me with info on shipping goods from Bangkok to India. The last time I was in Bangkok, I shopped so much that I had to pay a lot of excess baggage on my return trip I am going back in January and would like to explore the option of shipping some goods back to India (Bangalore), rather than pay excess baggage

I would like a rough estimate of the shipping rates (from Bangkok to India, Bangalore), both by air and sea (or any other means), if I had to ship let's say 10 or 20 Kgs...

Thanks

Re: Shipping goods from Bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by sachinxavier View Post
    I would like a rough estimate of the shipping rates (from Bangkok to India, Bangalore), both by air and sea (or any other means), if I had to ship let's say 10 or 20 Kgs...
    I can give a rough idea based on shipping to the USA that I mentioned in another thread. By sea it was 1950 baht for 10.1 kg., so I would think it should be less to Bangalore, but I don't really know.

Let's just hope this request is not too closely related to your questions about getting a puppy to Bangalore.

Thanks

Thanks Shuba... I always end up shopping a lot while I'm in Bangkok (since its so cheap, compared to India), and was exploring options to get the same back home, wihtout having to pay excess baggage everytime...

And NO, I'm definitely not planning to ship the puppy from Bangkok... If I do get a puppy, he/she will come with me.. In fact, I now have adequate info regarding where to get the puppy and the procedures and paperwork reqd, thanks to some wonderfully helpful people on this Forum...

Thanks

Any more suggestions for shipping goods from Thailand to India (Sea/land/air)... All info would be appreciated... Thanks...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am not sure what your budget is, you didn't say. But, you could send by EMS at the normal post office. Twenty kilos to India costs 5,355 baht and takes 3 days. If you want to send by surface to India, the same weight would be 2,740 baht. There is another version that combines land and air. I don't have a quote but it is just a little more expensive. It is called SAL.

Thanks

Thanks Richard... Very useful info..

Where can I find more info on SAL... Also, how long wud the goods take to reach India, if I use the surface option... ?? Would you know about nay of these??

Thread Information