PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
What to do in Khon Kaen Issan?
    Thanks

What to do in Khon Kaen Issan?

Me and my gf are heading there tomorrow, she's in a pageant called "Miss Motor Show"

anyone ever been to the MMS or been to Khon Kaen and have some suggestions for things to do there?

Please let me know, thanks a lot

Thanks

Re: What to do in Khon Kaen Issan?

There is a nice temple with great view over the city. Don't remember the name though nor where it is. But I think it's worth a visit! It's very different from most other Thai temples!

There is also a lake/park in the city, nice to walk along in the evening.

If you have enough time to get out of the city and if you want to see a nice forest, go to Namphong National park!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kk01.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	1142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kk02.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	1143  

life is wonderful!

Thanks

Oh ya that is a beautiful temple at khon kaen i been there last year visit my gf down there but too bad that time around 7pm and its closed for visiting already only manage to take the building photo from outside and not manage to climb up there to see the view of the city.... but 1 thing i like there is the isaan food is nice and spicy...haha...

Thanks

thanks!!! i'm already done with the trip, but i'm planning on the next trip back to Khon Kaen again VERY soon

had a great time there!!! i stayed in Kosa Hotel, which was kinda ok, had a "roach hotel" setup behind the tv (to trap cockroaches), and they were sold out of internet cards 1 night (which REALLY pissed me off), but other than that, i loved how the Tukcom shopping center is directly across the street from there, with TONS of awesome places to eat

also VERY near U-Bar, and also 5min tuk tuk ride to the market

Thanks

oh, and you cant beat 4000 baht roundtrip flight at only 40minutes each way!!!

Thanks

That temple from maipenrai99 's above posting is Ҹҵ蹹 ( Pra Maha That Kean Nakhon) . If you prefers to see the nature, طҹ觪ҵ - پҹ Phu Kao - Phu Pan Kam National Park also good to visit too. Especially of to see the sun set above the Ubonrat Dam there.Please follow this link for more details of Phu Kao - Phu Pan Kam National Park. Also at Nongbua Lumphu village, there's historical park of prehistoric cave paintings and dinosaur's footprint.
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zachary View Post
    oh, and you cant beat 4000 baht roundtrip flight at only 40minutes each way!!!
    Wahh from my re-viewing on your posted. You has only 40 minutes each way. You may couldn't visit at Phu Kao - Phu Pan Kam National Park and prehistorical park though.Uhm ! the interesing place to visit in Amper Muang are - 1. Kukeaw 2.Pra Maha That Kean Nakhon 3. Khon Kaen National Museum 4. Bueng Kan Nakhon ( Kan Nakhon lake)..... Let try, and hopefully you'll enjoy traveling there..Good luck.
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

I use to live at Non Sang (opposite side of Lake Ubonrat) when it was only accessable by boat, although there is a road there now. Its a beautiful place and the lake is huge. Well worth a look if you have the time.
    Ӽ

Thread Information