PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thailand in December, January
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Thailand in December, January

Hey, i'm thinking about visiting thailand around december/january time, provided i can afford the time of uni (if i get in).

Whats it like around that time? it'll be my first visit but my brother is there now, his 2nd time (alright for some! )

where is the best place to visit?

Thanks

Thanks
    Try celebrating the new year's day in bangkok. I had the most memorable new year's day there.
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Thanks
    sounds cool, thanks!

Thanks
    If you visit in DEC/JAN, you might want to consider spending your Christmas and New Year's there. The weather there is greta around that time. I was in Bangkok for 9 days last DEC/JAN and it only rained once and for a little while. Also, the weather is not too hot and just right.

Thanks
    Forgot to add: If you are intending to enjoy the sights and scenes of Beautiful Thailand, go to places like Chiang Mai. If you want to take into the long sandy beaches, go to places like Phuket or Pattaya. If you want to be part of a city that never sleeps with it's endless night-life, go to Bangkok. Or at least that's what I think.

Farungdong Guest
    What the difference in climate between north and south Thailand? I know in the more mountaineous regions it can get significantly cooler. I've even seen people camping outside. Is there a temperature drop even in the summer months in the north?

talking

Still remember.... the winter day in Thailand. I was in Sung Neon one of the "mu barn" before reach Korat. It's really cool and excited there. We can see many people are selling the winter cloths everywhere. I bought one winter cloth that day.
    It's quite fit me. When comes to the night time...Ohh!! the whether temp. has changed from cool, cooler and cooler. I remember that night I was in the room I wear 3 to 4 cloths in the same time. What to do.. I thought next day will feel better and warm with the morning sunlight. But it was no..the whether still remains the same. After breadfast, I went to visit the people in the "mu barn". The people in Sung Neon are very kind and friendly. The first word they teaches us is "Sawad dee Kha" means How are you. This is the first kick starting Thailand word that I have learned from them.

Eliza

mel Guest
    can anyone tell me when the rainy season hits Krabi province / Ao Nang and what the weather is like then. Does it rain all day everyday. Is is advisable to avoid during rainy season

shane_i Guest
    Actually I like rainy season, Around september, it is around PLAAI PHON TON NAO "end of rain and begin of winter" There is less rain and the forest is very green. Waterfall is at the best time. Best for trekking too. If you do not mine to be wet. For me it is so fun.. Forget about andaman see, in Thailand it depends what you want to do?

mel Guest
    so what would weather be like now? would long tails still be running over the andaman sea? will there still be climbers on ton sai or is the rain too heavy and unpredictable???

Thread Information