PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Short necked water....
    Thanks

Short necked water....

Does น้ำคอสั้น mean pond? I am trying to consider where turtles live as well as what a short necked water might be.....

เต่าอยู่ในป่าและในน้ำคอสั้น

Thanks

Re: Short necked water....

Do you have more context than that? As it is now, my understanding is คอสั้น is a part of another sentence:

เต่าอยู่ในป่าและในน้ำ (เต่ามี)คอสั้น ...
    TK

Thanks

Students are telling tales to each other ....

เนื้อเรื่องย่อๆ คือเต่าเชื่อว่าโลกแบน แต่เหยี่ยวเชื่อว่าโลกกลม เต่าอยู่ในป่าและในน้ำคอสั้น แต่อายุยืน เหยี่ยวท่องเที่ยวหากินรอบโลกแต่อายุสั้น พยายามบอกความจริงแก่เต่า แต่เต่าก็รับไม่ได้เพราะคอเต่าสั้นชอบเก็บหัวไว้ในกร ะดอง

Okay...having written that all out, I see that short neck is certainly related to the turtle...but where does water fit?... so the turtle lives in the forest and the water?

Thanks

Got more context from your other thread: There should be a space before คอสั้น

เต่าอยู่ในป่าและในน้ำ คอสั้นแต่อายุยืน
    Turtles (or tortoises) live in woods and water dwellings, (they have) short necks but long life.
    TK

Thanks

Thank you! That makes much more sense. There wasn't a space and I missed that completely. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Thanks

Oh ... they are talking about one specific 'Turtle' ... try again:

The story briefly is that the turtle believes that the World is flat. The turtle lives in a wood and underwater. (= may be they are trying to say it lives underwater in a pond in a wood.) It has short neck but has long life. The falcon travels and searches for food around the world, but it has short life. The falcon tries to tell the turtle the truth (that the world is not flat.) but the turtle does not want to know, because it has short neck and likes to keep its head in its shell. (หดหัวในกระดอง is a common Thai saying = a person that is hiding, doesn't want to encounter the situation, whatever that situation is.)
    Last edited by TK; 11-12-07 at 02:49 AM. Reason: correct my stupid grammartically typos (again)
    TK

Thanks

Thank you, TK! I finally got it piece by piece.

Thread Information