PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
"Big" of D2B band dies. [RIP]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

"Big" of D2B band dies. [RIP]

Got this news today.

http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/12/...s_30058606.php

Rest in peace, P'Big.

จุดแรกคือการพบ จุดจบคือการจาก..
    มีรักต้องพราก มีจากต้องมีเจอ..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Re: "Big" of D2B band dies. [RIP]

Big, of boyband D2B, dies after four-year coma

Hundreds of his fans pack hospital, funeral

SUTTHIWIT CHAYUTWORAKAN

Hundreds of fans of singer ''Big'' from the boyband D2B flocked to Siriraj hospital yesterday to bid farewell to the 25-year-old vocalist, who died of a blood infection after lying comatose for four years. The hospital ground was packed with young fans who mourned and wept over the death of Paranawat Kittikorncharoen, better known as Big, a member of the boyband trio D2B.

Big was diagnosed with a fungal infection of the brain after dirty water entered his lungs when his car plunged into a roadside ditch in Samut Prakan province on July 22, 2003.

Thousands of fans, mostly teenagers, kept vigil over the pop star at Vichaiyuth hospital for several weeks after his admission following the accident.

Many skipped classes to visit him while some suffered depression, sparking concern among parents.

After a series of brain operations and treatment lasting months, the singer was discharged from hospital and has been nursed by his parents since then.

On Nov 30, Big was admitted to Siriraj hospital for a lung infection, but did not response to treatment and died yesterday, only six days after his family and fans celebrated his 25th birthday.

Udom Kittikorncharoen, Big's father, said he had prepared himself for the loss of his son as his condition had deteriorated.

''We have done our best to take care of him over the past four years,'' he said. Big was a patient under Her Majesty the Queen's patronage.

Woravej Danuwong and Kawee Tanjararak, the other two members of the band, returned from Surat Thani province, where they were on a concert tour, to attend their best friend's funeral at Wat Namdaeng in Samut Prakan's Bang Phli district.

The temple was packed with Big's fans and people from the entertainment business. Mourners queued to enter a small pavilion where the body was placed for religious rites.

Police boosted security to provide safety for funeral guests, said Samut Prakan police chief Wittaya Prayongphan.

A 15-year-old girl who travelled from Bangkok to attend the funeral said Big's departure was one of the saddest incidents in her life.

The girl, calling herself Kat, said she had never missed a D2B concert since the band was formed in 2001.

Nichada Jitngamsujarit, 16, also from Bangkok, said she liked all of D2B's songs, but her favourite was Ter Jeb, Chan Jeb (You Hurt, I Hurt).

The song was composed after Big entered a coma, and has become a theme song which Big's fans and the two members of the band sing for him at every concert.

Nareerat Traiyasuth, a 40-year-old fan, said she had followed Big's condition because her 20-year-old daughter was a big fan.

''Now I've become a fan too. I always believed that he would recover and sing again. I never thought that he would die so soon,'' she said.

Bangkok Post

Thanks

Oh, no!!! This is really sad. I am glad to know that he's at peace now. What a tragic story all around.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am not sure of the exact spot on Srinakarin Road that he crashed, but I am pretty sure he would find it unrecognizable if he was alive and driving today. Not sure if all the improvements were done because of him, but possibly spurred them into action.

Thanks

When I first got serious about learning to read and write, I spent hours in front of the TV watching D2B videos. RS didn't put up Karaoke Thai (didn't used to anyway) and only subtitled with Thai language. I watched their videos over and over again until I could read everything. (It didn't hurt that they were great eye candy!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow View Post
    I am not sure of the exact spot on Srinakarin Road that he crashed, but I am pretty sure he would find it unrecognizable if he was alive and driving today. Not sure if all the improvements were done because of him, but possibly spurred them into action.
    Hello Richard, any idea whether foreign fans are able to pay him their last respects at Samut Prakan? I've a bunch of desperate fans here and I'm not very sure abt the procedure to get things done ( fear might offend them religion-wise )

Let me know if possible k? =) thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pailin View Post
    When I first got serious about learning to read and write, I spent hours in front of the TV watching D2B videos. RS didn't put up Karaoke Thai (didn't used to anyway) and only subtitled with Thai language. I watched their videos over and over again until I could read everything. (It didn't hurt that they were great eye candy!)

That's how I grew to like I..Nam as well! T.T Can't believe how these artists changed my life with their songs. =)

Thanks

I love Carabao!!!

Thanks

Anyone remember the original "Singer injured in car accident" thread about this ? He was obviously a fighter to have lasted so long, as back then it seemed he had only days to live...

Doctors lose hope of curing D2B singer

Doctors yesterday conceded it would take a miracle to save comatose D2B heart-throb singer Apichit Kittikorncharoen, whose condition has deteriorated following brain surgery on Friday.

New blood vessel ruptures in his brain have led to cerebral haemorrhage, and both doctors and relatives decided further surgery would be pointless.

``There's nothing more we can do. It's now a matter of when...,'' Dr Manoon Leechawengwong, head physician in charge of the patient told a press conference at Vichaiyuth Hospital yesterday.
    ... and that was over 4 years ago!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, remember that day well. It was big news.

Thread Information