PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Quick translation question
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Quick translation question

I'm very sorry if this isn't the proper board to ask, but my gf and I just had a fight, and I stormed off in anger, and found she had written this on her blog. I can't read Thai at all, and my knowledge of Thai is very limited.

She wrote:

ปราสาททราย
    ไม่มีอะไรต้องไขว่คว้าอีกต่อไป..... ปราสาททรายสร้างให้สวยนั้นยาก ให้มั่นคงนั้นเป็นไปไม่ได้ สร้างอีกกี่ครั้งสักวันต้องถูกทำลาย สู้เตะให้กระจายหรือไม่ก็ให้น้ำกวาดลงทะเลไป ดีกว่าให้ใครมาเหยียบย้ำ แล้วเราก็ต้องช้ำร้องให้ตาเป็นหมีแพนด้า LOL จริงมะ...

If someone is willing to help me out, could I get an idea what she wrote? She left for a chairball match and I can't get to her on her phone now. Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks

Re: Quick translation question

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I'm very sorry if this isn't the proper board to ask, but my gf and I just had a fight, and I stormed off in anger, and found she had written this on her blog. I can't read Thai at all, and my knowledge of Thai is very limited.

She wrote:

ปราสาททราย
    ไม่มีอะไรต้องไขว่คว้าอีกต่อไป..... ปราสาททรายสร้างให้สวยนั้นยาก ให้มั่นคงนั้นเป็นไปไม่ได้ สร้างอีกกี่ครั้งสักวันต้องถูกทำลาย สู้เตะให้กระจายหรือไม่ก็ให้น้ำกวาดลงทะเลไป ดีกว่าให้ใครมาเหยียบย้ำ แล้วเราก็ต้องช้ำร้องให้ตาเป็นหมีแพนด้า LOL จริงมะ...

If someone is willing to help me out, could I get an idea what she wrote? She left for a chairball match and I can't get to her on her phone now. Thanks in advance for any help!
    So sorry to hear of your relationship with gf . Hopefully everything will gonna be allright and has some one who expert of Thai to English translation give you his / her kindly helping here. ( Uhm! I totally agreed with her Thai texts though...Panda eyes looks not good )

Good luck and all the best.
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

I think the translation is something like...

Sand castle
    There's nothing to hold on to anymore...it's hard to create a beautiful sand castle, and impossible to make it stable. However many times you build it, one day it's all going to be destroyed - kicked over or swept into the sea by the tide, (but) it's better than letting someone trample all over it. And I have to cry again with my swollen 'panda' eyes, LOL it's true isn't it...

(sorry )

Thanks

Thank you much!

She's one of those girls who thinks the relationship's over with every fight, lol. Anyway, thank you and sorry for the intrusion!

Thanks

เขียนเป็นภาษาลาว จะมีคนแปลออกไหมเนี่ย

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuggieDuckie View Post
    เขียนเป็นภาษาลาว จะมีคนแปลออกไหมเนี่ย

ดีจ้ะหายไปนานเลยนะ ยังอยู่ที่ภูเก็ตเหมือนเดิมรึเปล่า ถ้ายังอยู่เล่าให้ฟังบ้างแถวป่าตองเป็นไง..?? คิดถึงที่นั่นมากกก
    [♡9.9.9♡]

Thanks

KKK, you used to be a girl ...what's up....Spartan, your GF Wife, is manipulating you. Simply put she feels that you are not supporting her. Money Money etc etc.......Walk away. Guy, not worth a second thought....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lenss View Post
    KKK, you used to be a girl ...what's up....Spartan, your GF Wife, is manipulating you. Simply put she feels that you are not supporting her. Money Money etc etc.......Walk away. Guy, not worth a second thought....
    What's sup, lenss? I'm his gf and you need a ...xxxxxx (Edited by Moderator)

Hey KKK, long time no see ka. Not in phuket yet. I'm leaving for it next year but cannot say when. Must be next year, though. LOL How have you been ka???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lenss View Post
    No, no, she's not after money, considering the following facts:

1. I'm a broke-ass college guy from a middle-class mixed-race/ethnicity family (I'm no rich white boy).

2. I have never given her any money. She has never asked for money.

3. She has specifically said she would *not* accept money from me until we're living together, and even then, the money will be for mutual use, and I'll do the book keeping.

4. She has spent quite a bit of money to call me (we're long distance), and to send me things.

I know this all makes me look like a loser, but it's the truth of our relationship. Money is not the goal here. Love is.

So, um...how is she after my (non-existent) money? Of course I pay when we go out when I go to visit her, but that's no issue at all. We're in the third year of our relationship without her doing even *one* of the things guys like you say Thai women do.

She's treated me better than any other woman has. We have problems, but no relationship is perfect. Concluding that any problem in a relationship where a Thai girl is present is due to manipulation over money smacks of racism and atavism.
    Last edited by Spartan; 25-12-07 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks

I certainly wouldn't think that atavism would apply in this situation and name calling. The reason I don't think it applies is because it does exist, is very prevalent and to some even shocking that you have not experienced it. Without a cultural connection of some sort why would a Thai woman seek out a relationship with a farang? Seriously put some reasoning into it.

I am happy for you Spartan and I am not being cynical here, put your relationship to the side and ask why would a Thai woman seek a relationship with a farang who doesn't like her food, have the same religious beliefs, have the same outlook of extended family being as close as immediate family, our money is their money too, and can barely communicate basic language let alone thoughts and feelings? You know the answer.

The people who post the warnings are not overly negative, they merely try to caution you. Obviously you are beyond the need for this. But there are myriads of books along the same line so it is certainly issue and not something that could be categorized as atavism. BTW hope things improve with her.

Thread Information