Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Requesting a trusting lawyer to assist with Visa process

hey all,

I need to find a trusting law agency in the Pattaya area that will help my soon to be wife and myself obtain a Visa to get her to the States. I know it's expensive, and some of you may think it's dumb to do it since you can simply follow the advice of forum members and step by step on visa journey.com, but I just can't do that. I work all the time and I have absolutely no time to invest on this issue. My soon to be wife, and I love her to death, has absolutely no initative to learn. She loves me to death but the thought of me trying to explain the process over the phone from Afghanistan is already giving me a headache. Yeah, so if someone will physically be her best friend and walk her through the process, interview, etc, I will gladly pay. Any suggestions are welcome.

One last question... if/when she did get her Visa, how long does she have to use it before it expires? That'll be my timetable for quitting my job in Afghanistan so that's why I'm wondering.

Thanks all
    Last edited by Blast!!; 07-01-08 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks

Re: Requesting a trusting lawyer to assist with Visa process

I dont think you need a lawyer just a company who will handle the process and there are lot of these companies around. Just get one who handles USA visas and you will be fine.

Thanks

Blast, you've said that your wife to be has absolutley no initiative to learn. Think maybe you should take another look at your post. Your seeking an immigrant visa I think. It's a long process. You seem quite excited. In the situation your in....its possible it;ll cost you a ton of bucks to get what you want. And a whole bunch of money will go where you don't want it to go. Just too eager. Try to slow down a bit. Re think things.

Thanks

I have to go with Lenss on this,
    From what you say, are you sure that you want to do this, If by chance she just gets lazier or completely useless and it comes to a divorce after you are in the states, She will find a good lawyer, or one will find her more than likely, and then you will need to get 2 jobs that pay more money than you make today to just pay the Alimony for the poor dumb little 3rd world girl that you tricked into marrying you and letting you take her to the states to abuse and use in unthinkable ways to your liking, plus what ever else stuff that you have never heard of.
    It has been done and is being done as we speak at this very moment. In fact it has happened to me, or at least a lawyer and a Mexican national that was an illegal alien tried to do it to me, didn't work quite the way they had planned, but she is still there living off the child support of my kid and a lot of state welfare and they can not get her out of the states.

Thanks

I would take a backwoods step. You been to lonely and earning the big bucks in a war zone for too long, that is a recipe for making the wrong decision. I think just play with her in Thailand and visit her there, I do not recommend you take her back to the USA, you don't want to have to endanger your life just to keep her in a life style she thinks she should be accustomed to. A couple of years fun in the USA is not worth 50 years of alimony.

Thanks

I have to agree with lenss. She loves you to death but too lazy to help you to get a visa? It is a little weird to me. I would so everything I could to be able to stay with my love one.

I don't know if you know about a conditional Greencard. She has to stay married for 2 years then she can apply for 10 years-GC. If something happens and you and her get divorced and its not because of your fault, she will be sent back home.

Therefore, I think you and her should have a serious talk that the process of getting a visa is not too difficult but it takes time and some money. IS she willing to do that or not?

Good luck.

Thanks

If something happens and you and her get divorced and its not because of your fault, she will be sent back home.
    She will have a lawyer, paid for by him and you can bet that it will be his fault, and if not, she will never have to leave the USA, take it from one who knows, if they could get them out that easy then why is 12 million illegal aliens in the country right now..
    But anyway she will have alimony and half of everything he now owns and he will be responsible for her for years to come.

Thanks

wow, I didn't even know she could get alimony with her not even being a US citizen. I always figured if I didn't work out, she'd just go home.
    Sved - yes, but I was looking moreso for a word of mouth recommendation.

Alright guys... it's like this. She's a very simple girl and likes her simple life. She's not living fancy by any means. When I said she has no initative to learn, I mean yeah, she DOES, but she's not a very confident person in herself or her abilities. I recognize this about her. She's very intelligent but has no idea what she's capable of. She's always had someone to hand hold her though a lot of things. I'm trying to teach her, I suppose, everything I can. I've been teaching her how to work a computer and to improve her english skills. A lot of it has been working but she has a very shy, non-confrontational personality that gets in the way of trying to accomplish things. Unfortuantely, seeing how I get only 16 days with her every 4 months, there isn't a lot I can do.

Man, you all are scaring me with this whole alimony talk. :(

I don't ever want to go down that road. Sometimes I feel like I am having second thoughts but I chalk it up to having cold feet. Her aunt is already preparing the wedding, asking me what day I was born just the other day. I know that she loves me and that I love her. And I also do know I don't want to be the breadwinner for the rest of my life while she sits at home, gets fat, and bitches there's another re-run of Dr. Phil on TV.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 867 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blast!! View Post
    wow, I didn't even know she could get alimony with her not even being a US citizen. I always figured if I didn't work out, she'd just go home.
    Surely the rules for divorce apply as to the law of the country where the divorce is filed not the Citizenship of the person. If she files for divorce in the US then I would guess the same law would be applied whether she is a citizen of that country or not?

When getting in to a marriage you need your eyes open, half open isn't good enough.

David

Thanks

Well just troll other forums and Im sure you will find an agency talked about and perhaps you should see your own lawyer back home first?

Thread Information