PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
ตัวจริงของจริง
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,473
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    ตัวจริงของจริง

    And yet another one! What does ตัวจริงของจริง mean? Thanks!

    DogoDon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    Quote Originally Posted by DogoDon View Post
    And yet another one! What does ตัวจริงของจริง mean? Thanks!

    DogoDon
    Something like "the real thing" or "the genuine article" (could refer to a person also). Any context?

    all the best

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,473
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    Thanks aanon. The context is an interview of a Thai author in a Thai magazine. The interviewer had asked the author various questions about her life in America, including her "love life". The interviewer then wrote:

    มาถึงตัวจริงของจริงบ้าง

    and then proceeded to get into the subject of the author's husband, whom she met in America.

    DogoDon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    Quote Originally Posted by DogoDon View Post
    Thanks aanon. The context is an interview of a Thai author in a Thai magazine. The interviewer had asked the author various questions about her life in America, including her "love life". The interviewer then wrote:

    มาถึงตัวจริงของจริงบ้าง

    and then proceeded to get into the subject of the author's husband, whom she met in America.

    DogoDon
    ok, in that case then 'the real thing' or 'the serious stuff' is ok. or 'well, let's get down to brass tacks then'...or did i just make that up?

    all the best.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,487
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 83 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    Quote Originally Posted by DogoDon View Post
    Thanks aanon. The context is an interview of a Thai author in a Thai magazine. The interviewer had asked the author various questions about her life in America, including her "love life". The interviewer then wrote:

    มาถึงตัวจริงของจริงบ้าง

    and then proceeded to get into the subject of the author's husband, whom she met in America.

    DogoDon
    This case ตัวจริงของจริง means husband, Mr.right, soulmate

    พวกเธอชอบไปกินข้าวกับผู้จัดการบ่อยๆ ระวังตัวจริงเค้ามาเจอนะ
    Wife, girlfriend

    เจ้านายคนนี้เป็นคนเข้มงวด นี่แหละตัวจริงของจริงเลย
    To confirm the character of this boss

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    i agree with Mel.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    This case ตัวจริงของจริง means husband, Mr.right, soulmate

    พวกเธอชอบไปกินข้าวกับผู้จัดการบ่อยๆ ระวังตัวจริงเค้ามาเจอนะ
    Wife, girlfriend

    เจ้านายคนนี้เป็นคนเข้มงวด นี่แหละตัวจริงของจริงเลย
    To confirm the character of this boss
    seems i was getting a bit off track in my last post. apologies. just to add a translation for this last example sentences:

    เจ้านายคนนี้เป็นคนเข้มงวด นี่แหละตัวจริงของจริงเลย
    This boss is really demanding (/strict). He's the genuine article.

    all the best.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    Yep! ตัวจริงของจริง (in the interview) refers to my current husband. Thanks Khoun aanon for your explanation.

    Khoun Don--You have learned a lot of Thai slangs from my interview!!! ดีมาก

    By the way, I prefer to transliterate the word คุณ this way--khoun, but most people write khun which I disagree. Since the 'u' has an "อะ" sound, khun is phonetically pronounced "คัน".

    Like the word ฝรั่ง, to be phonetically correct, it should be transliterated as farung, not farang (ฝแรง).

    Unfortunately, there is no standard transliteration.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,473
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Khoun Don--You have learned a lot of Thai slangs from my interview!!! ดีมาก
    Yes, you're right, Khoun Suzie! Actually, there are several more sentences in that article that I'd like some help with--mainly understanding the grammatical structure. Can I PM you some questions?

    DogoDon

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: ตัวจริงของจริง

    Khoun Don,

    Please feel free the send me your questions regarding pasa Thai at any time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •