PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Kanchanaburi Area - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Kanchanaburi Area

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Okay got all that info on the new southern bus station.

One question on the thonburi railway station - How do I get there from central Bangkok ?
    I looked up the map and its on the opposite side of the river from the Banglamphu district (or so it appears).
    There is a ferry boat pier there. So easy to cross or take express boat down river. The train is actually slower than the bus. Also only two departures per day. At 7.45 a.m. and 1.55 p.m. They both go across the bridge and finish at Nam Tok.Only the first train comes back. The second one stays there until the morning.

Thanks

There is a ferry boat pier there. So easy to cross or take express boat down river.
    Probably stretching the questioning a bit here but do you know if the public ferry stops on the journey north to that destination ? We will be leaving from the Saphan Saksin pier . The reason the fuss is there is five of us all up and probably will not all get in one taxi.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have attached a map. You will see this stop is only for the local boat (white) and not the express line. Check your flag colours! Phra Athit is nearest to Khao San Road. Go from here to N12 and then N11. All boats start at Saphan Taksin and go north. You can get here by Sky Train and then change to boat. There is an information office here for further information. I cannot remember offhand how long it will take on the slow boat, but you might want to consider Yellow Flag boat first and then change at N10 to the slower local boat to N11.

I should also add that the Thonburi Station is no longer beside the river but further inland a little. That area is being redeveloped as an extension to the hospital. I am not sure how far from the pier to the station it is now. When are you going? I am planning on exploring that area a bit in a few weeks and could scout it out for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riverboat.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	1468  

Thanks

When are you going? I am planning on exploring that area a bit in a few weeks and could scout it out for you.
    We are not going till middle May so plenty time as yet,however I would like to have all my info on hand when I arrive as we are pre-booked in Bangkok and also in Kan so would like to arrive at Kan early to soak up as much as possible.It would be greatly appreciated if you can pass on more info.

Thanx

Frankie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sure, that is no problem to do that before May. Keep an eye on www.thai-blogs.com where I always post the articles first. I am not sure if I will be back to Kanchanaburi as I have already done several major blogs there. Though I am actually considering at the moment doing a day trip there by train. Every weekend at the moment I am researching places to visit around Bangkok for our new website at www.Bangkok-Daytrips.com. Last weekend was Nakhon Pathom. Next weekend will be Chonburi. Soon I will be doing a blog about using the river express boats in Bangkok and also places to explore around the Thonburi Railway Station. I have such a long list of places to visit and not so much free time.

Thanks

Hey that's exellent news Richard.
    We are only in Bangkok for three days so its gonna be full steam ahead trying to fit things in.
    I was contemplating doing one of the day trips loosely based on one of your inteniries that takes in the grand palace etc.

A Bangkok Tour >>>

IMHO one of the better ways to see some sights is on the public ferry (having taken that trip a few times in the past) however next time I would like to take one of the trips up the klongs on the Thonburi side to show the family how life was in early Bangkok.Then of course there is the weekend market that the missus just has to get to,Banglamphu,MBK,Muay Thai boxing in the evening and possibly a floating market.Its gonna be tight.

I will keep an eye on your blogs and work on a loose intenry in the coming weeks.

Thanx again

Frank

Thread Information