PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
ทำความสะอาดบ้าน
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

ทำความสะอาดบ้าน

My thoughts on why most people do not like house work....

ทำความสะอาดบ้านไม่มีที่สิ้นสุด ทำแล้วอีกไม่นานต้องทำอีก มันจำเจ

อย่างไรก็ตามฉันต้องทำความสะอาดบ้านทุกวันเพราะว่าชอ บบ้านหลังที่สะอาด

เมื่อสิ่งแวดล้อมฉันสะอาดรู้สึกสบายใจ และถ้าเพื่อนมาเยี่ยมที่บ้าน

รู้สึกภูมิใจที่บ้านสะอาด

Please correct any mistakes! Thank you!

Thanks

Re: ทำความสะอาดบ้าน

Very good Faa. I would change very little. The order of ฉัน in this sentence: เมื่อสิ่งแวดล้อมฉันสะอาดรู้สึกสบายใจ should be เมื่อสิ่งแวดล้อมสะอาด ฉันรู้สึกสบายใจ...
    If you want to leave ฉัน where it is then you should add ของ in front of it.
    เมื่อสิ่งแวดล้อมของฉันสะอาด (ฉัน)รู้สึกสบายใจ...

Thanks

อย่างไรก็ตามฉันต้องทำความสะอาดบ้านทุกวันเพราะว่าชอ บบ้านหลังที่สะอาด. I don't think that word is necessary in there.

Thanks

Nu...thanks for the correction. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AomaH View Post
    อย่างไรก็ตามฉันต้องทำความสะอาดบ้านทุกวันเพราะว่าชอ บบ้านหลังที่สะอาด. I don't think that word is necessary in there.

Aomah....

I am thinking I still need the word หลัง.....but I could take out the word ที่ and just say......ชอบบ้านหลังสะอาด.

Second opinions?

Thanks

adding หลัง doesn't make in incorrect..It was just that tt felt a bit awkward while I read reading it aloud (It could've been just me)

Thanks

We are not talking about a specific house but we are talking about clean house in general. So, we don't need the word หลัง

การทำความสะอาดบ้านนั้น ไม่มีที่สิ้นสุด ทำแล้ว(pause when spoken)อีกไม่นานก็ต้องทำอีก มันจำเจ

อย่างไรก็ตาม ฉันต้องทำความสะอาดบ้านทุกวันเพราะว่าฉันชอ บบ้านที่สะอาด (Subject isn't omitted as much as in English)

เมื่อสิ่งแวดล้อม(ในบ้าน)สะอาด ฉันก็รู้สึกสบายใจ และถ้าเพื่อนมาเยี่ยมที่บ้าน (cannot be สิ่งแวดล้อมของฉัน. would you consider "เมื่อบ้านสะอาด ฉันก็รู้สึกสบายใจ และภูมิใจเวลาที่เพื่อนมาเยี่ยม"? Because you are talking about your house not environment)

รู้สึกภูมิใจที่บ้านสะอาด
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AomaH View Post
    AomaH....you are right. I kept reading it before I posted it and it didn't sound right to my ears...like a word was missing...so I added the word หลัง. But you are right and thanks for your help and insight!

ThuggieDuckie....

Thanks for your help too.....I learned alot from your corrections. You said that the subject is not ommitted in Thai as often as it is in English....but I feel many times when I read or hear Thai spoken the writer or speaker will leave out the word "I" a lot. So.....sometimes when I write or speak Thai...I will also...perhaps I am wrong. Is it better to always say I or some form of I....ie...my name when speaking or writing? For example......if I say....หิวข้าว the person knows I am hungry and I do not have to say ฉันหิวข้าว ....right?? or กินอะไรดี?....I would leave out the word "you" in that sentance. Please explain this to me!

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faa View Post
    AomaH....you are right. I kept reading it before I posted it and it didn't sound right to my ears...like a word was missing...so I added the word หลัง. But you are right and thanks for your help and insight!

ThuggieDuckie....

Thanks for your help too.....I learned alot from your corrections. You said that the subject is not ommitted in Thai as often as it is in English....but I feel many times when I read or hear Thai spoken the writer or speaker will leave out the word "I" a lot. So.....sometimes when I write or speak Thai...I will also...perhaps I am wrong. Is it better to always say I or some form of I....ie...my name when speaking or writing? For example......if I say....หิวข้าว the person knows I am hungry and I do not have to say ฉันหิวข้าว ....right?? or กินอะไรดี?....I would leave out the word "you" in that sentance. Please explain this to me!

Thanks
    A sentence can be very informal if its subject is omitted. Also, Thai is a descriptive language not one relying on concepts like English, so missing one word might mean a lot. For spoken Thai, omitting subject is fine. You can say หิวข้าว or กินอะไรดี with your close siblings, parents, or friends. For written Thai, even informal one is better with subject. From the thai paragraph you gave, it seemed like a written one or a speech to be spoken in front of a Thai for Beginner Class. Anyway, here we go for a spoken version of your Thai paragraph:

ทำความสะอาดบ้านซ้ำซากจำเจ ทำแล้วก็ต้องทำอีก
    แต่ก็ต้องทำทุกวันเพราะชอบให้บ้านสะอาด
    เวลาที่เพื่อนมาที่บ้านก็จะได้ไม่ขายหน้า
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuggieDuckie View Post
    A sentence can be very informal if its subject is omitted. Also, Thai is a descriptive language not one relying on concepts like English, so missing one word might mean a lot. For spoken Thai, omitting subject is fine. You can say หิวข้าว or กินอะไรดี with your close siblings, parents, or friends. For written Thai, even informal one is better with subject. From the thai paragraph you gave, it seemed like a written one or a speech to be spoken in front of a Thai for Beginner Class. Anyway, here we go for a spoken version of your Thai paragraph:

ทำความสะอาดบ้านซ้ำซากจำเจ ทำแล้วก็ต้องทำอีก
    แต่ก็ต้องทำทุกวันเพราะชอบให้บ้านสะอาด
    เวลาที่เพื่อนมาที่บ้านก็จะได้ไม่ขายหน้า
    ThuggieDuckie...Thank you for the spoken version of my Thai paragraph. Would you be so kind to write the paragraph for me in Thai (not Beginner Class Style) for a written version of it?

One last question: When writing on a Thai forum website...is it best to write as you would speak or write as you would composing a paragraph?

Thank you....your help is invaluable.

Thread Information