PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
A Tractor? and something else?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

A Tractor? and something else?

What is a รถแต๋น ??? From the context of my story, it is something that farmers use... a tractor? A plow?

And does anyone know what แววาว means? I apologize that I don't have context...I was making a list last night of things to check and now I don't have my book with me. I can return with context if it is needed.

Thanks

Re: A Tractor? and something else?

Pailin, this is what my friend "Chur" at the tcb told me about รถแต๋น
    "อีแต๋น มาจากคำว่า "สะแหล๋นแต๋น" หรือพูดภาษาที่ชาวบ้าน เข้าใจง่าย-ง่าย คือ "แรด" และด้วยความที่เป็นรถวิ่งช้า วิ่งแบบแต๋นๆ คำว่า อีแต๋นจึงเหมาะกับรถประเภทนี้ รถอีแต๋นเป็น รถใช้งานเกษตรกรรมของ ไทย รถอีแต๋นเป็นรถที่ผลิตเองในประเทศไทย โดยใช้เครื่องยนต์ที่เป็นเครื่องยนต์อเนกประสงค์ ประเภทเครื่องยนต์ดีเซล 1 สูบ สามารถนำมาดัดแปลงเป็นเครื่องสูบน้ำ และเครื่องปั่นไฟ ได้ด้วย ส่วนประกอบอื่นๆของรถอีแต๋นก็นำมาจากอะไหล่รถยนต์มือ สองทั่วไป และทำส่วนกะบะท้ายนิยมทำด้วยไม้เพื่อบรรทุกของ เช่น บรรทุกพืชผักในสวน" She also said that this type of vehicle causes many accidents on the roadway because it goes slowly and has no lights, cars don't see it on the road at dusk. Chur also kindly gives me a picture of รถแต๋น. I'm sorry Pailin, she gave me the description of it in Thai. If you have any questions, feel free to post them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nu; 24-01-08 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks

แววาว ? Did you mean แวววาว? แวววาว means 'glittery' or 'shiny'. Does this make sense in the context? Pailin.

Thanks

แววาว ? Did you mean แวววาว? แวววาว means 'glittery' or 'shiny'. Does this make sense in the context? Pailin.
    Yes! Thanks, that does.... no wonder I couldn't find it in the online dictionaries...thanks for the spelling correction.

Thanks, too, for the detailed รถแต๋น description and picture. Wow... you went to a lot of trouble to get that... thank you thank you!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pailin View Post
    Yes! Thanks, that does.... no wonder I couldn't find it in the online dictionaries...thanks for the spelling correction.

Thanks, too, for the detailed รถแต๋น description and picture. Wow... you went to a lot of trouble to get that... thank you thank you!!!

In the part of Buriram that we often spend time in, the vehicle shown in the photo is called a Rot etek รถอีแต๊ก whereas a Rot eten รถอีแต๋น is what the locals call the larger truck like vehicle with high sides, often brightly decorated/painted.
    The driver and passenger sit in the open, up fairly high just in front of the tray.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Surawut View Post
    In the part of Buriram that we often spend time in, the vehicle shown in the photo is called a Rot etek รถอีแต๊ก whereas a Rot eten รถอีแต๋น is what the locals call the larger truck like vehicle with high sides, often brightly decorated/painted.
    The driver and passenger sit in the open, up fairly high just in front of the tray.
    Is the reason it called รถอีแต๊ก because it's pulled by what looks like a tractor? do you by any chance have a pic of รถอีแต๋น? I'd love to see one. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nu View Post
    Is the reason it called รถอีแต๊ก because it's pulled by what looks like a tractor? do you by any chance have a pic of รถอีแต๋น? I'd love to see one. Thanks.
    Sorry ป้าหนู I couldn't find a photo, that's why it tried to describe it as well as I could. The Rot eten looks more like a normal small truck but with no cabin, it's steered by a normal steering wheel and the engine is plainly visible at the front

The Rot etek is a trailer pulled by a Kubota 2 wheeled field tractor รถเกษตรกร as shown in Chur's photo, folks in our part of Buriram call this a "Khwai Lek" ควายเหล็ก (iron buffalo) when used in the fields it's fitted with wheels with steel treads and when driven on the local roads they often fit two old rubber tyres over the treads.
    Last edited by Surawut; 24-01-08 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks

Ok, there. Not the white truck nor the guy in white.
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuggieDuckie View Post

Ok, there. Not the white truck nor the guy in white.
    That's the one ThuggieDuckie!

Thanks

Thank you, Surawut and ThuggieDuckie for setting me straight the difference between รถอีแต๋น and รถอีแต๋ก.

Thread Information