PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Daytrips around Chiang Mai - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Daytrips around Chiang Mai

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    I'm curious where that temple in the first picture with the beam of light shining down is? Is it at the same place as Chiang Dao or are they unrelated
    the cave temple in Chiang Dao

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 555 Posts

Thanks for the info Betti, i have just arrived in CM today without a plan.....but after reading your report i am now armed and dangerous.....
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
    - Chinese Proverb

Thanks

pls let me know if you need any advice / help.
    good luck with the weather, it's been raining on and off most days for 3 weeks (4?), hardly any sunshine at all, furious thunderstorms out of nowhere, keep your planning flexible and don't forget your raincoat

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

fileeep (22-08-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Betti-Several of the photos from your first post of this thread have disappeared. (Checked it in 2 browsers-Chrome & Firefox as Chrome sometimes can not handle images in some situations)

Thanks

as I see from the photos that remain, they were originally uploaded to the paknamweb storage.
    I did not write blogs about the stuff that disappeared so I don't think I remote linked those from thai-blogs, they were uploaded here just the same as everything else that is still visible.
    so, no idea.
    I'm not sure if I want to take the trouble to find the photos that have gone missing (I remember the photos themselves clearly - just no idea which month to find them in my backup data from 2006 to 2008, I don't remember anymore when I went where, could take ages to find them).

btw, the Chiang Mai map in my signature is constantly being upgraded with new placemarks - just not photos. most of them are around Chiang Rai from the past year or so. I cannot upload photos by myself. the older placemarks still have pictures.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (21-08-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Some of the photos are in a folder called 'photos' and some in a folder called 'images', I think all the missing ones are in 'photos'. Possibly lost during a Forum upgrade?

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

well none of my doing, neither the 2 separate folders, nor the loss

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

fileeep,

Good to hear you have arived in Chiang Mai, i am sure you will have a wonderful time there and enjoy your holiday.

A visit to Wiangkumkam is a very nice trip, it is only a few kilometeres outside of Chiang Mai...about 30 minutes if i remember correctly.Wiangkumkam is a fairly large area with many Temples, some are now in ruins others are still okay and functioning. I visited there a few years ago and found it a most enjoyable trip. You can hire a bycycle to tour the grounds if you so wish, it is a realy large area to visit, but i chose to take a horse and carriage to take me around, this was for a small fee and added to the enjoyment of the day.

The sunday night market is worth a look also, it is inside the old town bit, through the Thai Phae Gate or one of the other entrances.I always like to go here if i can when visiting.

Billy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiangkumkam 2..jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	15020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiangkumkam 1..jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	15019  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiangkumkam 3..jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	15018  

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billyboy For This Useful Post:

fileeep (22-08-11), simonebkk (24-08-11)

Thanks

If you can afford it a visit to Patara Elephant Farm is fantastic, I visited the farm 3 weeks ago with my 3 grandchildren and we had the best day of our lives.
    No elephant painting, no football , just looking after your own elephant for the day, cleaning, washing, learning all about elephants . We have been to most elephant [convervation park's] but now Patara has taught us what is proper conservation is. also we visited the Chiang Mai Night Safari which was not up to Patara but was entertaining. Look on Trip Adviser. Keith

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clwydaerials1234 For This Useful Post:

fileeep (22-08-11), Khun Don (22-08-11), simonebkk (24-08-11)

Thread Information