PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Marriage: Step by Step
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Marriage: Step by Step

Been Reading but informations about getting married to a thai girl has been seen scattered about in different threads. I thought of creating a thread where we will have the step by step of what you should do to get married to a thai girl.Hopefully this can safe some members trouble in reading through so many threads just to find what you want to know.

Anyone with any experience can guide us with this? Or is this thread useless? I'm not sure... but would certainly be glad if someone can give the exact guidelines on how to go about it... (beside reading from embassy websites, ebooks etc)

If other countries guy wanna marry thai gf, you may input your countries guidelines as well...

(if moderators think this is useless or not useless, do pardon me...You can still lock the thread if it's inappropriate. I'm not sure also. Just post as it hits my head.)

Singapore Guy Marrying Thailand Girl:
    ============================
    Step 1:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Re: Marriage: Step by Step

1. Type up an 'Affirmation of Freedom to Marry' and take to your relevant Embassy to have certified.
    2. Have it officially translated in to Thai.
    3. Take both these documents along with a photocopy of your passport details page and current visa page to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be verified.
    3. Go along to any Amphur with your girlfriend, the above documents and her ID card and house book and register the marriage (she can only change her name at the Amphur where she is registered on the house book). (You must have been in Thailand for 5 days before you can register).

These details are the same for any Nationality, only the requiremnents for point 1 vary slightly from Embassy to Embassy, in different countries you must be different ages for you Embassy to issue this, the same as the age for marrying back in you home country.

Did this last year and it was really easy.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

When I married they also needed proof of income per year and a reference letter from two people stating I was not married (plus the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry).

These also had to be certified at Swedish embassy in Bangkok and then verified by the ministry of foreign affairs.

Then you need copies of everything at the Amphur and they will stamp everything twenty times and you are done

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sved View Post
    When I married they also needed proof of income per year and a reference letter from two people stating I was not married (plus the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry).

These also had to be certified at Swedish embassy in Bangkok and then verified by the ministry of foreign affairs.

Then you need copies of everything at the Amphur and they will stamp everything twenty times and you are done
    At the British Embassy the income and referees are apart of the 'Afirmation of Freedom to Marry', and they accept the income you state without any proof and also only need names and addresses for the referees which they don't check.

The only copies of anything I had to give at the Amphur where the photocopies of the two passport pages (details and visa), the Affirmation and translation were retained by the Amphur.

I attatch as an example my affirmation, with my personal details removed.

David
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Ah I get it now.

When we marry we need a certificate from the goverment stating you are allowed to marry, I thought that was the Affirmation.

Thanks

what would happen if you said you had Zero income, and told them you survived by hunting gathering and scavaging. Would they still allow you to get married.

Thanks

I'm sure if you said you had zero income they would be more interested in how you bought a plane ticket to Thailand.

David

Thanks

Hunting and gathering!!! 55555

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    what would happen if you said you had Zero income, and told them you survived by hunting gathering and scavaging. Would they still allow you to get married.
    Interesting thought, Paul! Why don't you give it a try so we will have a a first-person account of such a case?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    You can if you're marrying a woman from your own country.

You can't if you're marrying a foreigner.

Thread Information