PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Marriage: Step by Step - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Marriage: Step by Step

what would happen if you said you had Zero income, and told them you survived by hunting gathering and scavaging. Would they still allow you to get married.
    Freeganism is growing in the US, but even they have to be paying rent somewhere, right? Hunting and Gathering

Thanks

GE 36, regarding your original question. Think most consulates in thailand have a printed guide sheet among the other handouts that are available to citizens of their countries. The hand out is quite qlear on what papers, documents are needed to process for marrying a thai girl. However, they usually do not specify how to get these documents. These required documents are slightly different for each consulate.. USA requires alot of extra junk for processing .. I would not know if these instruction flyers are posted. A resident visa for the thai woman is the goal of most folks who want to marry a thai . Some of thses needed forms for marriage are part of the visa (future) processing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pailin View Post
    Freeganism is growing in the US, but even they have to be paying rent somewhere, right? Hunting and Gathering
    Hm it says they ocupy abandoned houses and such

Thanks

I guess with the foreclosures in the housing market these days is...we have a lot of those around!

Thanks

Will the guy be stated as married when he goes back to his country of origin after registering a marriage with a Thai girl? Or he has to do the register again?

If he goes back alone, will he still be a married guy? Or he has to do something?

Duz he has to get an O Visa before or after registering a marriage with a thai girl if he decides to live in Thailand?

I'm not marrying a Thai girl, but curious.
    Don't just love him, but show him

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

May vary country to country, but the U.K. recognises all marriages as long as they are properly documented.
    i.e. they would not recognise the 'family' wedding in Thailand, but they do recognise the Ampoe registration.
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by khunlungphudhu View Post
    May vary country to country, but the U.K. recognises all marriages as long as they are properly documented.
    i.e. they would not recognise the 'family' wedding in Thailand, but they do recognise the Ampoe registration.
    Further to what hunlungphudhu says, you hear of people in these Forums, particularly from America, registering their marriage in both Thailand and their home country. In the UK there is a law that prevents this and as stated they recognise any legally documented marriage in any country. Though for any legal purposes you would need a certified translation of the marriage certificate if it is in a language other than English.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

Hm

But unless you register it in UK you would show up as unmarried in all red tape?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sved View Post
    Hm

But unless you register it in UK you would show up as unmarried in all red tape?
    Correct. But from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.

Q: Can I register my marriage in the UK?
    A: No. But under the Foreign Marriage Order 1970, British nationals who marry in a foreign country may arrange for their marriage certificate to be deposited at the General Register Office in the UK. This is not compulsory and does not affect the validity of the marriage. This facility is not available for marriages which have taken place in Commonwealth countries.
    But if you deposit your marriage certificate then you have nothing for getting visas for Thailand. I have retained my marriage certificate.

A question I have is are there many countries that issue a marriage certificate to both parties? I can find no details of any other.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

It seems a bit troublesome.

What do you mean with marriage certificate to both parties? You mean to the husband and spouse?

Thread Information