Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Annoying PM Alert

I find the flashing PM alert a bit irritating. Not that i don't mind being alerted of new PMs, but the thing i don't like as in even after i open the PM it still keeps flashing.
    I have to keep on opening and closing it for about three/four times before it finally stops.

You have the same probs?
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks

Re: Annoying PM Alert

I thought it was cute, but we can certainly put it to a vote if there are more like you willing to speak up with similar views.

For now Steve I have not looked deeply enough into the code (it's been a while since I did it) I ask you two questions...
    1. Are you reading your message for more than 5-7 seconds after the page stops loading?
    2. Do you have other unread messages in your inbox?
    I am thinking these are the two biggest reasons that the indicator would not be triggered to shut off. Meanwhile I think we will wait for more comments before taking away something that some have mentioned they like just yet.

Thanks

I don't mind it either way . Um If someone has alot of PMs they must be popular ;O)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,705 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcalaimo View Post
    I don't mind it either way . Um If someone has alot of PMs they must be popular ;O)
    Popular or just a repository of problems and complaints? I get quite a few a day and absolutely none is a fan mail. They are mostly problem-related that need attention.

Yes, I like the feature to alert me that something remains unread.
    I value informed opinion, not opinion that stems from nothing but attitude. The latter is the depth of ignorance.

Thanks

I do not have a lot of PMs so it is fine with me. I need more people to PM me so I can test the system.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    [*]Are you reading your message for more than 5-7 seconds after the page stops loading?[*][B]
    No, so i suppose that's the reason there. At lot of the PMs are short and so i can read them and close very quickly. Often, i read all the short messages on the alert, so need to open it for any amount of time. Guess, that's it then, wait for a few secs.
    Cheers.
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks

Popular or just a repository of problems and complaints? I get quite a few a day and absolutely none is a fan mail. They are mostly problem-related that need attention.
    Oh no...good point... yes, I'm feeling guilty of that. Especially with Betti who bears the brunt of mine... I'll have to remind myself to also send light hearted fun pm's too.

I vote to keep the blinking pm... it is so much easier to rememer that way and I see them right when they come in. Thankfully, I haven't experienced the problem that Steve has outlined.

Thanks

I don't have a problem with the current PM system.
    Not that I get that many of them

The popup notices (3?) are a bit of work, but now I've figured out how to press "cancel" instead of OK all the time and that at least reduces them to two.

Thanks

I've only just found the option to switch off the popup notification about new PM, for me that was annoying. now I don't have it. maybe possible to make the blinking one optional? if not, I would vote for keeping it.

Thanks

I like the blinking feature and would prefer for it to stay. If it is optional, it would certainly be useful for those with tonnes of PM.

Thread Information