PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Eastern Thailand Highlights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    If you have visited this region, please post your highlights and share with others.

(Chantaburi, Chon Buri, Pattaya, Rayong, Trat.)

Please don't post any questions here.

Visit Thailand Guidebook for more information about this region.

Please post below the highlights of your holiday in our country.
    Click on "add reply"

Oopsie...

Renting a car and driving the Sukhumvit Highway from Pattaya almost to Trat. We stopped along the roadside to sightsee, eat and look at all the nice things. Most of the places we visited were "off the beaten track", and not frequented by foreign tourists. The people were friendly all the way. We are returning to the Kingdom of Thailand in two days for another visit. We can hardly wait to eat the hot Thai food again. It is delicious.

Thanks
    I spent my entire trip in Pattaya. Nong Nooch Tropical garden is a great day trip from Pattaya. Beautiful tropical gardens, have your picture taken with tiger, chimp, leopard, etc. You can also can ride an elephant. They have a nice Thai cultrue show and elephant show too. There is also Sriracha Tiger Zoo. Lots of tigers and crocodiles. They also have a good elephant show. You can get your picture taken with crocodiles and a baby tiger too. The nightlife in Pattay is great and there is plenty to do during the day too. Fishing, boat trips to the islands offshore, lazing at the beach etc. The food is great too.

I'm going back to the Land of Smiles in May. I am going to visit my fiancé's parents in Kalasin Province. It should be a real blast. It's just a little stressful with all the visa hassles. I also want to make a good impression on the future inlaws. It will also be kind of exciting going into the countryside.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

ngriffin Guest

happy

Living in Pattaya or surrounding area is a fantastic place to be if you enjoy your golf. There are a total of 18 courses within an hour's drive and they range from International to more modest standard. They all are well worth playing with unique features such as the island green at Khaeow Keow and prices include the hire of a caddie. Considerable discounts can be had by joining the "Pattaya Sports Club", a charitable non profit organisation which negotiates a member rate at all the courses.

Don Heatrick Guest
    Anyone interested in training in Muay Thai while in Pattaya should visit Sityodtong camp. It's a very traditional gym with all the usual equipment and with very experienced and patient trainiers. It even has it's own mini stadium where demonstration bouts are fought. The blind-folded boxing must be seen, it's hilarious!!!!!

Regards,
    Don Yai

pacharapol_ji Guest

with love

I am a Bangsaen Boy
    FOr u all ,Try to visit Bangsaen once and u will love it.
    Tae

amarcheeta Guest
    This whole region is a must for anybody visiting Thailand. I was here last Jan and Feb and enjoyed it thoroly. It has everything in sports and outdoor life. For night life you can`t beat Pattaya. Some of the small islands like Ko Samed,Ko Kong are excellent for beach lovers. I for sure going back there on my next holidays and explore more of Thai/Combodia border from Trat side.
    All the best.

Laurie Guest

talking

Hi Everyone,

On a Jan/Feb 2003 trip to Thailand we spent 2 weeks in the northeastern part of the country. As many people have already said, it is not too touristy and there are many interesting temples and different kinds of food to try that are specific to the region.

In particular, in mid-Feb. there is a festival in That Phanom, normally a small town near Mukdahan. However, during the festival many locals and in fact people from all parts of Thailand flock to the area. It is quite a sight. And of course with that many people comes a lot of vendors of food, clothing, and anything else you can imagine. My favorite was the delicious barbequed chicken on a stick with a bag of sticky rice to go. Not a wild and crazy choice, but the flavor of the food along with the atmosphere was unbeatable. No festival in my country even comes close to that kind of relaxed and happy mood!
    Laurie
    P.S. Posted to the wrong area - am moving to NE Thailand section!

Thanks

talking

Benmart and to all who have been in Trat,

I would like to know how is Trat. Can make the comparisation with other places like Pattaya,Phuket and Koh Samui.
    I'e been in these 3 places and my preference is by this order:
    Phuket ( been 2 times)
    Pattaya ( been 5 times)
    Koh Samui ( 1 time)
    Bangkok ( lots)
    Sunbathing and swimming are our preferences for whole day and then sight seeing evening and then shopping night.

Alix Guest
    Stayed in Pattaya for a long time (9months) - Training in Thai Boxing - alot of destractions obviously but great place. Fought there, but got battered, nevermind. Will be back to live in Thailand one day. Any questions if you are thinking of doing similar to me, i.e. thai boxing there, dont hesitate.

Thread Information