PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Hi from canada!

Thread: Hi from canada!

Oopsie...

Hi everyone! My name is Phet Maly, I'm 24 years old and live in the city of Montreal, in Quebec, Canada. I'm part thai, lao and viet. I'm currently studing in graphic design. I was born in Thailand, Ubon Ratchathanie. At the age of 1, my family took the plane to land in this great country. Unfortunatly, I don't remember anything of my life in Thailand. But I did get back to visit 'Muang Thai'. My first trip was at the age of 10, and my second was not so long ago. It has been 2 years since I last set foot in Thailand, but I had a blast!!

My life in Canada is mostly the same then anyone else I think... I wake up, take a shower, and get ready for the day. I'm also working to be able to my expenses. I'm winning about 13$ canadian per hour. That's about 8.50$ US or 361 Thai Bath. For life in Canada, it's not bad. But if you realy want to have a family, you have to get more then that... Canada is a great place to visit, specialy if you come from a exotic country like thailand. The architecture is very different. It is more massif then thailand. In the little cities, there is more space.

I like to stay in shape so I do a lot of sports. My favority one is Basketball, I've been playing ball since I was 13 years old. I now coach a junior team. Other than that, I like to sing and I like to draw alot. I'm currently working on a lot of projects that is connected to music and art. I would like to get a chance to do some auditions to be a singer in thailand. I do speak thai, but unfortunatly I can't read it yet. I will some day... I'm planning a trip to thailand next year in 2004. Maybe I could get in touch with thai people on the net that would like to play basketball or to meet me! Chow for now!! By the way great site!!

GTG Guest
    Hi Phet,

What is your first language? Just curious.

Cheers,

Phet Guest
    Well the first language I've learned is Thai and Lao, since these are language my parents use the most often. Then I've learn to speak french, cause that's the main language that is spoken where I live, and I've learn to speak english in 4th grade.

How about you?

mook Guest

so happy!

Hello Phet:
    I live in Colorado USA. I have never been to Canada before. My friends said Quebec is quite beautiful and has a lot of Asian people there. How is economy over there now? Is it like US that has a lot of deficit and downsizing?
    Just curious how the economic system works. One more question, how schoole system there works as far as public school VS private school.
    I had my BA in Thailand and came to for MBA. many things are obviously different between USA and Thailand. I will visit Thailand around April for Son Kran celebration.
    Mook

Thanks

Gor Gai

Majorly impressive Phet!!!!!!! You're just a little similar like me!! By any chance do you know how to read Lao?

Thread Information