PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
editing your photo in photo album
    Thanks

editing your photo in photo album

I just uploaded a handsome photo of myself but it was taken horizontally so you have to bend your head to one side to look at it.

Is there anyway of turning the a pic 45degrees once you have uploaded it?
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks

Re: editing your photo in photo album

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    I just uploaded a handsome photo of myself but it was taken horizontally so you have to bend your head to one side to look at it.

Is there anyway of turning the a pic 45degrees once you have uploaded it?

LOL. I think you mean 90 degrees, Jerome! Unless you just want people to have to tilt their heads less!

DogoDon

Thanks

Jerome the kind of investment in coding hours is so high to enable this we would much rather put it into other areas. There are free photo editing tools that can be used to do this and many many other things.

If you are looking for something very simple and easy to use I would suggest that you take a look at Picasa now offered by Google for free. If you want something more complex and giving you the power of Photoshop I would suggest you take a look at GIMP. Both are very free and both would do the job. To be honest I edit hundreds of photos per month and I use Picasa for much of it. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to manipulate their image for photo editing as the first choice. GIMP is more used for heavy editing with layers and such and GIMP is by no means easy to use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DogoDon View Post
    LOL. I think you mean 90 degrees, Jerome! Unless you just want people to have to tilt their heads less!

DogoDon
    Well I was thinking of a more artistic bent.

........yeah, maths never was my strong point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts

Jerome, sorry but I made a silly comment on your pic before I saw here that you realised your mistake.

A way around the forum restrictions would be to delete the photo and repost your preferred version

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

Have to go with guava on this one Jerome.
    Had a long look at it last night, also had a look at my own album to see what could be done, and the answer he gave is the simple one. Delete from the site and correct it before reloading. I have many tools to hand, including those mentioned by Joshua, though I do not like using them too much, but I could not see any other way to do what you need to do.
    Good luck.
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks

Ok thanks guys. I bit the bullet and rotated the image on my HD and uploaded it again.
    Strange thing was, it was the right way up when I viewed it Picassa.
    I just opened it in IrfanView, rotated and re-saved it, then uploaded it from the new file.

Thread Information